PDA

View Full Version : A5 Judder

dgobrien
12-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Sorry. Also posted this in introduction section by mistake. I have a 1 year old A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. Beautiful car but it has a judder (sometimes through the car and often through the steering wheel) at between 60 and 70 mph. It has been back to my Audi dealer twice now and had the tyres rotated, the wheels re-balanced (twice) and the wheel bearings replaced on both from wheels. It still judders and my dealer tells me they have discussed with Audi Germany who have 'no alerts' out regarding this. Getting a bit frustrating now and don't know where to go next. They said they are happy to look again but don't seem to have a plan. Anyone had this issue and successfully sorted it out? Very grateful for any advice on sorting this out whilst still under warranty!

Bratty
13-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Long shot!! Get them to try changing the tyres for a different brand, certain cars are very sensitive to certain tread patterns, but if you bought the car new then really that should not be the issue, one hopes:confused:.

Dunk

dgobrien
13-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks. I bought the car second hand but only done 10000 miles and still original set of tyres I think but worth a go if I can't sort it

Bratty
13-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Another Longshot! is the dual mass flywheel (If!!?!! it is fitted to a 3.0 litre diesel??), I know that with my 1.8 tfsi when cold it was seriously lumpy (and I mean seriously) but when warm , ie. after three or four minutes it was ok.

Dunk

tiger1544
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
i am far from mechanically minded and also have a judder issue , my a5 is an 05 2.0 tdi with reasonably high mileage and its been chipped.
in november it started its judder it doesnt happen every day , can come and go at any speed and it feels like the engines gonna drop out .
Also the clutch pedal sometimes sticks half way .
i have had it looked at by a non audi mechanic who seemed to think it was probably the flywheel , and advised replacing that and the clutch , what do you think ??
If you knowledgeable types think hes right where should i go to order the parts , i live in Hampshire /wiltshire border .
oh also would i have a dual mass wotsit . many thanks .