PDA

View Full Version : New CC Brochure available

thax1
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Now shows the 5 seat layout.

http://cdn.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/common/pdf/brochures/passat-cc-brochure.pdf

:approve:

Strange that they're not picturing the fitted (re-badged Bury) Bluetooth screen thats standard fit. Wonder if its added by the dealer as part of PDI, or maybe they're going to drop it in favour of the 'plumbed-in' new 9W7 kit???

johnloaderuk
11-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Does seem a bit odd, especially as it's on their website shown with the bluetooth http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-cc/explore/interior/console

The strange thing is, not only does the web picture show the dashboard fitted kit, but also the premium bluetooth system is there too, which is a £460 option, the pop out keypad unit showing above the sat nav screen.

Scooby-Doo
13-09-2010, 10:29 AM
I've just had this reply from VW -

Thank you for your email regarding Bluetooth connectivity for your Volkswagen Passat. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my response.

I have looked into your enquiry and I can confirm that the RNS310 does come as standard on the Passat CC and is integrated with the Bluetooth Touch Adaptor. Please refer to the standard options in the current pricelist booklet on pages 4 and 5.

I trust this information will prove useful.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Yours sincerely

Mthulisi Khupe
Customer Service Advisor
Volkswagen Customer Service

Now which one is the "touch adaptor" ,the one in the top tray or the that crappy thing stuck to the dash ???? New e-mail I think.

thax1
13-09-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/passat/explore/experience/technology/bluetooth-touch-adapter

It's the thing stuck to the dash i'm afraid.

Scooby-Doo
13-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Cancel my order for the CC,what a load of bo**ocks.If that's VW's version of bluetooth integration then I'll go and buy an Audi.

thax1
13-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Alternatively...
http://www.lolcars.com/images/redneck-handsfree-cell-phone.jpg

thax1
15-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Good ol' VW. :D
The new car arrived today with the fully integrated BT system, not the "Bury / Touchscreen Adaptor".

Unsure how I see if this is the new 9W7 or not. No slide-out keypad, but all dialling keys etc appear on the RNS510.

Scooby-Doo
15-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Where are the photos ????????

hartry
15-09-2010, 03:04 PM
If you can do bluetooth audio streaming through the radio (A2DP) it is the 9W7. I think it will be because there is no obvious reason I can see for VW to start supplying this instead of the Bury save the fact that this unit allows for compatibility with basically any Bluetooth phone, as the Bury does, but unlike the older 'Premium' system. I think you go to media on the RNS510 and see if you have bluetooth audio (you might have to enable it in the settings menu of the RNS510 first), once you select that input you need to play some music on your phone then select to play it via Bluetooth.

thax1
15-09-2010, 06:58 PM
If you can do bluetooth audio streaming through the radio (A2DP) it is the 9W7. I think it will be because there is no obvious reason I can see for VW to start supplying this instead of the Bury save the fact that this unit allows for compatibility with basically any Bluetooth phone, as the Bury does, but unlike the older 'Premium' system. I think you go to media on the RNS510 and see if you have bluetooth audio (you might have to enable it in the settings menu of the RNS510 first), once you select that input you need to play some music on your phone then select to play it via Bluetooth.

Confirmed - got this working this afternoon.

cullinp
15-09-2010, 08:42 PM
The new car arrived today with the fully integrated BT system, not the "Bury / Touchscreen Adaptor".

Unsure how I see if this is the new 9W7 or not. No slide-out keypad, but all dialling keys etc appear on the RNS510.

Hi Thax, can you confirm for me please that your CC arrived with the fully integrated Bluetooth system as opposed to that separate touchscreen?

If so did you special order or has it come standard fit - you mentioned the 510 when the 310 is standard?

My CC has an October build week so I'm keen to understand what to expect.

cullinp
15-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Also, any chance you could share some photos of you new motor and especially the Bluetooth integration.

cullinp
15-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I've done some searching on the net and it would appear (in the USA models for sure) that the CC is shipping with this new integrated BT feature which is great news!

Quick search on youtube will give you a very keen American guy walking through the features of the BT alongside the RNS310 standard in our cars.

My question would be, why release a new brochure showing the incorrect option - especially when its crap as is the case with the touchpad attached to the dash?

m3-fast
16-09-2010, 08:23 AM

....but to get the RNS510 did you spec the upgraded stereo system?

I thought the RNS310 was standard - in that case will standard stereo owners get the rebadged 'Bury' unit?

Mine is due to go into prduction this week (week 37) - dealer checked yesterday and it was still scheduled for this weel so hopefully will be able to find out for myself in a few weeks :D

I am hoping for integrated bluetooth!!

cullinp
16-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I thought the RNS310 was standard - in that case will standard stereo owners get the rebadged 'Bury' unit?

I hope not, I'll be upset if that is the case!:zx11:

thax1
16-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi Thax, can you confirm for me please that your CC arrived with the fully integrated Bluetooth system as opposed to that separate touchscreen?

If so did you special order or has it come standard fit - you mentioned the 510 when the 310 is standard?

My CC has an October build week so I'm keen to understand what to expect.

Yes, thats confirmed - fully integrated bluetooth with the roof mounted buttons, phonebook on the MFD between the speedo and revcounter. Also the A2DP streaming works well from a Blackberry Curve, as does full voice control.

I only specced the RNS510 and Dynaudio, not the bluetooth upgrade.

ps. No pop-out dialling pad in the dash with this one.

m3-fast
17-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Yes, thats confirmed - fully integrated bluetooth with the roof mounted buttons, phonebook on the MFD between the speedo and revcounter. Also the A2DP streaming works well from a Blackberry Curve, as does full voice control.

I only specced the RNS510 and Dynaudio, not the bluetooth upgrade.

ps. No pop-out dialling pad in the dash with this one.

As I feared, you had already spec'd the stereo upgrade, hence why yours has the RNS510 fitted.

We now need to find out if the RNS310 has the same integrated bluetooth function as the 510 model - I doubt it and reckon we will get the 'Bury' keypad :(

thax1
18-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Trying to attach pics...
that's Mocha Anthracite btw

cullinp
18-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Love the colour interior combo Thax - are you pleased with it? It looks great.

thax1
19-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Love the colour interior combo Thax - are you pleased with it? It looks great.

Yep, very pleased. Looks better in the flesh, I was using my camera phone.

Was surprised to get the cream section of dash +door panels, for some reason I thought it'd all be dark grey. Works well colour-wise, just hope it still looks ok after 70,000 miles. I've always previously gone for dark interiors + headlinings in cars for that reason.

m3-fast
20-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Car looks great, you must be very pleased!