PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with some with questions

Neddy
14-06-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi I'm a newbie and just got a VW Sharan 2001 model. I love it. One of my problems is that it only came with one key. It has central locking and I'm wondering whether it could have a remote key system added to it or whether in fact it has one. The other thing is it has a cassette player in it and I would like to get a MP3 player put in it. Any recommendations?
At the moment the sound comes out of the left side until I lower the drivers window slightly then it comes out of both. Well weird. Any ideas.
Also can I add any bits to the consul like a money holder or stuff like that. If so where can I look for it?
Sorry it's so long winded. Cheers
:beerchug:

christoff1604
14-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Hi, I have seen sharan central locking remote keys for sale on ebay, I dont know about re-coding the key for your car though perhaps you could ask the seller how its done...

Neddy
28-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks Chris
Does this mean that my Sharan probably has a remote system in it?
Sorry to be a dork in this matter:Blush:

Rob

christoff1604
28-06-2007, 07:31 PM
I dont know if your Sharan has got a Remote central locking system but I have a 2002 Sharan Carat and the doors dont have lockin pins like other cars it has just one flashing led on the drivers door where the locking pin would be perhaps you need to ask a technician at vw or a car electrician to check it out...

Hope this helps.

Neddy
29-06-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks Chris

I'll do just that. I think your Sharan is a tad more up market than mine;)
Thanks for your help though

:beerchug:Rob

renamecor
05-07-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't think that your sharan will have remote central locking. Mine had central locking so I went out and bought a remote receiver and keyfob specifically for my Sharan.

It took about 10 minutes to fit because it was specifically for my car and just plugged in to a section in the loom (rear drivers side by the jack).

The people who stock it are www.abcdesignltd.com (http://www.abcdesignltd.com), and the part number is 022053.

Hope this helps.

Carl.

mluton
05-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Welcome