PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on High milage diesel

mattya42008
10-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi All,
I am thinking of buying a 2008 new model A4 2.0 TDi S line, the only concern is that it has 98,000miles.
I have checked with Audi, and they have confirmed that it has been serviced regular, which included timing belt kit, clutch and pads along with all the other std items.
I was wondering what your thoughts are ref buying a car that is 2 and half yrs old with this many miles on the clock.
What do I need to be aware of etc.
The price does reflect this as it is £14000, and I can not find another model like this for the money ie Lowerred suspension, s line leather sport seats, audi blue tooth etc etc.
Let me know your thoghts please.

JimC64
10-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok, high mileage I guess, but I used to be a
n area slaes manager and that sounds exactly what it was, a reps car.
I used to regularly put 160k miles on my cars in three years so 98k in two sounds about right.
You could have yourself a real bargain there!!
Look for excessive stone chips on the bumper / bonnet / headlight area etc to get an idea if its been thrashed. Either way, at that milegae you can pretty much bet its been nearly ALL motorway miles which is never a bad thing!
It will have been servied regularly and anything its ever needed its probably got, no expense spared:approve:
Do your homework of course and really check it out......could be a real bargain for you:beerchug:

mattya42008
13-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the reply