PDA

View Full Version : Paint overspray nightmare

yas_b
07-09-2010, 12:27 AM
recently got a audi rs4 sprayed in pearl white got some problems though.

i left the roof in its original black but after coming back from the bodyshop it is covered pearl white specs ive tried polishing it off but to no avail wont come off

not only that the windscreen trim and roof strips are also covered how do i remove off plastic trim

thnk you

JON76
07-09-2010, 11:15 PM
I had a similar problem with my A3. Went for wheel repair and spray and came back from the workshop with particles of silver paint on the red bodywork. Didn't have time to take it back for them to sort out so tackled it myself.

I tried some T-Cut scratch remover on a couple of the specs and it brought it off straight away but (big but) the abrasives dulled the paintwork.

I would not therefore recommend T-Cut but there are other scratch removers on the market - hopefully someone with more knowledge than me might come on this thread be able to recommend one that won't damage the paintwork?

Alternatively, Autoglym SRP might remove it - this is what I used in the end, it removed some of the specs but not all. However it's very mild so is easy to use without causing abrasion.

yas_b
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
hiya mate thanks for the info i did try super resin polish but it didnt work im going to try t-cut and see if it removes it and then il buff it up thank you for your help

JON76
08-09-2010, 10:02 PM
No probs mate, just be careful with the t cut though, it will probably get rid of the paint specs but I found it far too harsh for my paint