PDA

View Full Version : Best A4 New Deals?

Shamardal
06-09-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm currently waiting for my MkVI GT Golf and now my father wants to change his current A4.

He currently has an A4 Avant 2.0 TDI (140) SE in black which will be 4 at the end of this month with only 20k on the clock which is absolutely mint - he doesn't drive that much but likes a new car. The only extras are a multi-function leather wheel and wooden inserts.

He's basically looking to replace with the same a brand new A4 Avant 2.0 TDI SE, he's not overly bothered between the 120 or 143 - he's no enthusiastic driver.

Anyhow, he's going to the dealer at the weekend. I have an idea what he'd expect for his/price to change but I was wondering if anyone has any recent real examples of Part-ex prices offered for a similar car to his and discounts off new.

I've said to him about selling his privately, looking at brokers etc but he'd rather just have the ease of the dealer. There'll be no finance either, just his car and the balance with cash.

Thanks

Niko
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Traded a 143 B8 SE 08 similar mileage earlier this year for a new 170 Special Edition SLine with some extras. I had to put £12k with the 143 to change. I reckon I had a reasonable deal but I think I could have done better. The dealer sold my car from their forecourt and put £2.5k on the price they gave me, and it sold in a week!

If I did the same again I would obtain a fair estimate for my current car, look at the spec of the new car and obtain a price from drive the deal or similar. Then phone 4 or 5 Audi dealers tell them the detail of the car to trade and offer them cash with the trade in up to what drive the deal suggests. Tell the Audi dealers to come back with the best spec they can offer for your car with the cash to change, that way the dealers may be able to play with the spec and offer you some additonal extras you may not have considered and compete for your business. Worth a try.