PDA

View Full Version : Track day Would you dare???/

Dozz
14-06-2007, 12:06 AM
So how many people would do a track day and what experience do you have?

I Have done a fair few on a bike and as John Deere has put an end to my riding days I thought I give it a go in the car. Who here would/has done it? Which company's do you recommend?

Who knows maybe we can organise a day out just for VAG'S

The Muts Nuts
14-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I had a trip to the Nurburgring planned for May but so many people pulled out due to lack of funds that i didnt fancy it on my own.

I would definately be interested in a track day mind, Donnington Park maybe?

new to vw
14-06-2007, 08:13 AM
yep...i fancy a bit of that....would be good to see what the old girl can do....:D :D
lee

Ben
14-06-2007, 09:19 AM
I had a trip to the Nurburgring planned for May but so many people pulled out due to lack of funds that i didnt fancy it on my own.

I would definately be interested in a track day mind, Donnington Park maybe?
What do you think of this? http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8738

Dozz
14-06-2007, 12:06 PM
That could be fun

devonutopia
14-06-2007, 01:09 PM
I've done a couple of trackdays - Mallory Park and Anglesey - were very good days. Have done outings on Silverstone at Trax, and at Castle Combe. Nurburgring was just the BEST, but can't really put that down as a trackday - that was way above that. :D

dessimpson
15-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't take my golf near a track. The handling is woeful. It scares me on the normal roads!!

golf tdi 02
15-06-2007, 09:49 AM
bring it on and let the times do the talkin:confused:

Dozz
15-06-2007, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't take my golf near a track. The handling is woeful. It scares me on the normal roads!!

I thought they handled quite well Has the golf got so soft in it's old age that it now has jelly for springs? Last golf I went in was a mk1 campaign and did handle well

dessimpson
15-06-2007, 06:52 PM
I thought they handled quite well Has the golf got so soft in it's old age that it now has jelly for springs? Last golf I went in was a mk1 campaign and did handle well

I think in my mk4 diesel, the engine alone weighs more than a mk1 :D

The Muts Nuts
15-06-2007, 08:39 PM
What do you think of this? http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8738

Oh yes, id love to see the origin of my car if you know what i mean, it might even educate me! Plus the Ring is in Germany, 2 birds and all that......:D

s6sputnik
17-06-2007, 03:10 AM
I can highly recommend Track Days... it will teach you more than you ever thought possible about driving a car..

SCN Tris
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I can highly recommend Track Days... it will teach you more than you ever thought possible about driving a car..
I can 2nd that
I sort out alot of the trackdays on SeatCupra.Net and have forgot how many I have done
Super day driving is at a very high standerd and strick rules to help avoid accidents
I could post up the next one I sort out to see if anyone fancys it or even to come along and watch and maybe grab a passenger lap with someone

jclayton76
03-03-2009, 02:34 PM
i have done loads of track days, its best to go direct to the circuit to book or my personal favourite is javelin motorsport, great guys and reasonable rates compared to most other providers, going to cadwell in two weeks for another jolly seat of your pants day out !

paul b
03-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I'd rather go on an experience day, rallying, F3 car etc than take my car on a track day.

EDIT: I did a rally experience day at Oulton Park, despite being over 40 with young lads there, I was fastest. I really enjoyed the day, it was wet on loose surface, you could have so much fun!

SCN Tris
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Cadwell is one of the best tracks I have done

elvismiggell
03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't do the Ring myself, do you know how much that place charges if you have an accident?!?

Not to mention the fact that most insurance companies won't cover you there.

s6sputnik
03-03-2009, 03:43 PM
You know that you don't have to win on the first lap! ...gradually pushing your limits from 60% up near 95% would be the wise way to approach track days in my opinion. Accidents do happen (I have seen a new Ferrari spin into a wall on the first lap with cold tires and a noob driver) but if you let things warm up and gradually push yourself and your car I am sure you can have many 1000's of miles of accident free track days.

Personally I enjoy getting the lines and braking down.