PDA

View Full Version : Question S-line -30mm Suspension with 19's on Avant

Matt.S-line
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Does anyone with an A4 Avant s-line running 19" wheels and the -30mm suspension have any positive / negative comments to make about the combo?

I have just ordered a new A4 Avant S-Line special edition (currently with the sports suspension) but keep thinking "should i go for the s-line suspension as it will look better" However the car will be used everyday on typical english country lanes etc and will also at times have to carry our new baby and all the associated paraphanalia around, so should I just stick with sports suspension???:confused:

Any advice, views most welcome. No dealers near me have any cars running both 19's and the -30mm drop.

certacito
05-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I picked up my S-Line saloon on Wednesday with the 19" and -30mm suspension and I must say I am pleasantly surprised at how smooth the ride is.

There is a fair bit of road noise dependant on th surface but that's prob due to the 255 tyres, the ride quality is very smooth given the sporty combination.

Not to mention the look of the lower suspension, the wheels really fill the arches and it does look the business.

Go for it, if your like me you'll regret it down the line if you don't.

Pics of this combo on the 116 days thread.

Matt.S-line
06-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks for that, my main concern is ride quality over typical poor surface country lanes, which we are surrounded by arouind here! Trying to get a demo with both options to try.

dan172
06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I agree with Certacito. I also have no issues with the setup and am certainly not thinking that I have made the wrong choice (although I wish I'd gone for the 3.0TDI!). A different story there though.

It is a personal choice at the end of the day and if the roads aren't good near you then the 18's could be the correct choice for you...

I think you're doing the right thing and test driving both options.

By-the-way the 19's S-line and Quattro make it seem like it's on rails sometimes... Amazing!

Hope this helps?

Hammy969
07-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I agree with Certacito. I also have no issues with the setup and am certainly not thinking that I have made the wrong choice (although I wish I'd gone for the 3.0TDI!). A different story there though.

It is a personal choice at the end of the day and if the roads aren't good near you then the 18's could be the correct choice for you...

I think you're doing the right thing and test driving both options.

By-the-way the 19's S-line and Quattro make it seem like it's on rails sometimes... Amazing!

Hope this helps?

Hi Dan

The 3.0TDI is awsome I have recently test driven both the 2.0TDI 170 quattro and the 3.0TDI Quattros! All I need to do now is sell a kidney or something to finance the change!

Ham ;)