PDA

View Full Version : advise needed please

glen poole
05-09-2010, 08:29 PM
evening all, had my cambelt, waterpump changed at vw 3-4 weeks ago & everything seemed fine untill today. i went to open the bonnet & the release tab wouldnt come out, managed to open the bonnet after a couple of attempts thank god, anyway i've noticed that the release tab that you pull on to open the bonnet is broken on one side & it now has a brand new plastic clip tie thing holding it in place????? now i know for certain that i didn't snap the tab & put the clip in, you would have to take the lock mechanism out to do this bodge repair, so i'm now going to contact the dealership tomorrow but i'm guessing i wont get anywhere as it was nearly a month ago since they worked on my car:aargh4: what do you guys think i should do?

phil miller
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
id contact the dealer, they wont do anything but its always worth a try, good luck mate

VAGMAN54
05-09-2010, 08:38 PM
play up with your dealer !! but i think you will get "it was ok sir when it left here " so be prepared to buy a new one from your own piggy bank........

glen poole
05-09-2010, 08:56 PM
i'm well annoyed, i know they wont admit to it, it's just really annoying when you trust them with your car, pay them alot of money to do a 1st class job & when they brake something they think a bodge repair will do, been going to them for years, wont be anymore.

phil miller
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
i'm well annoyed, i know they wont admit to it, it's just really annoying when you trust them with your car, pay them alot of money to do a 1st class job & when they brake something they think a bodge repair will do, been going to them for years, wont be anymore.

tbh main dealers dont do a better job just charge you more, any garage will use genuine parts if you ask them and IMHO do a better service on your car, also you have the chance to speak to the mechanic that worked on your car, and ask questions about it, its good for piece of mind

PCDoctor
05-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Glen

I Think you already know where this is going but theres always middle ground

Consider right at the end when your not getting anywhere and telling them that this will be the last time i have it serviced here that what if you pay for the parts and they supply the labour

You cant get any fairer than that....

BUT

May still work out cheaper if you goto the scrappy and get a second hand one !!

glen poole
06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
spoken to the dealers today on the phone, it's booked in for next monday free of charge, well chuffed.

phil miller
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
ideal i didnt think they would wanna know TBH

glen poole
06-09-2010, 07:23 PM
i've been annoyed & winding myself up about it for most of the day, rang them at 8.30 this morning, left a message with reception as they were too busy, they finally called back around 3.30. i explained the problem to the service manager & he said bring it in when you can & we'll fix it at no cost, i was quite supprised, i didn't even get the chance to have a right old moan about it.