PDA

View Full Version : Did You know.....?

pitch3110
04-09-2010, 07:04 PM
........If you keep pressing the radio button on the MMI it changes between the bands (am, fm, etc). Saves going through the menu.

Ta
Pitch

vwawudi
04-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Question: the manual says that the seats can be adjusted for 'pitch' ie seat angle. There's even a diagram to show 2 distinct levers, one to adjust to and fro and another to adjust the angle. Pray tell, why is it not so in my car??

I have an SE Exec Saloon...

pitch3110
05-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Question: the manual says that the seats can be adjusted for 'pitch' ie seat angle. There's even a diagram to show 2 distinct levers, one to adjust to and fro and another to adjust the angle. Pray tell, why is it not so in my car??

Ummmm........try under the front of theseat bolster

Pitch

ScottyUK
05-09-2010, 08:50 AM

You MUST have them!

Did you know it's a pain in the butt to have the angle adjustment on the outside of the seat and the forward/backwards adjustment towards the transmission tunnel. Putting them the other way around would have made life a lot easier.

My wife is quite small and I can't get in the car if she leaves the seat forward. Trying to lean across is a pain. I wonder if this is to encourage people to buy the Memory seats? :(

Hammy969
05-09-2010, 10:51 AM

vwawudi

It might be that the SE doesn't have s-line seats (sport) IMHO. They defiantely do have angle adjustment on them.

Ham

penrecon
05-09-2010, 11:06 AM
vwawudi

It might be that the SE doesn't have s-line seats (sport) IMHO. They defiantely do have angle adjustment on them.

Ham

And SE Seats don't!

The handbook covers all models, so is describing something that isn't on your car.

rd1
05-09-2010, 01:43 PM
also took me ages to find that out and while doing so found that the same principle works for the ipod on the media switch. I was pressing and using the scroll button trying to get back but found that you can go from track to menu etc by hitting the button.
I suppose it does explain in the manual but its great finding these little tricks as you go

vwawudi
05-09-2010, 01:53 PM
I checked again today. Cannot see any other levers. Can anyone post a pic of what it's supposed to look like?

eno394
05-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree they must be back to front to force us to buy the magic memory switch. Hate leaning across to pull the seat back every time my missus uses the car!

Not sure if the SE has two handles. You should find it in the opposite posn to the handle that you use to go backwards and forwards.

zollaf
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
could you not instruct swmbo to put the seat back when she has finished driving.

GolferPete
05-09-2010, 07:00 PM
...after all, it's a reasonable trade for having to put the loo seat down after you have used it ....

penrecon
05-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I checked again today. Cannot see any other levers. Can anyone post a pic of what it's supposed to look like?

You won't because the SE doesn't have that adjustment - it applies to the S-Line!

ScottyUK
05-09-2010, 10:25 PM
could you not instruct swmbo to put the seat back when she has finished driving.

She sometimes does but since she's the one using it most of the time it doesn't make sense to slide it back everytime.

Just having the lever on the outside would have made it a non-issue.

vwawudi
05-09-2010, 10:26 PM
You won't because the SE doesn't have that adjustment - it applies to the S-Line!

pfft! Audi!!!

Can the 'sports seats' be retrofitted?

penrecon
05-09-2010, 11:01 PM
pfft! Audi!!!

Can the 'sports seats' be retrofitted?

I'm sure they can as they probably sit on the same mountings, but I would imagine they won't be cheap!

vwawudi
06-09-2010, 01:56 AM
I'm sure they can as they probably sit on the same mountings, but I would imagine they won't be cheap!

Thanks. I'll wait until the car's a little older if I can hold on that long! :biglaugh: