PDA

View Full Version : A3 Flywheel Query

Chrisa3tdi
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi,

This is my first post on the forum so apologies if this isn't posted in the correct place - please feel free to move it.

OK. My 2004 A3 2.0TDI Sport (6speed) needs a new flywheel fitted. There is a clunking noise most mornings and it usually takes the second turn of the key to get it going.

I understand it is wise to replace the clutch while I'm doing this (99k on clock) so that's what I want to do.

I have priced a LuK kit for approx. £400-450.

Now my Dad works in the autospares trade and he has a full Sach kit from an 07/08 2.0TDI Passat (6Speed). Some people say this whole kit will fit exactly on to my A3 and others are saying only the flywheel will fit.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you in advance for any replies posted.

Chris

roundwoodgarage
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I think that the sach kit will fit as a complete unit, if in doubt ask for the sach's tech help line. We use this lot as well as our local suppliers, sometimes they have a good price even after postage.

http://www.suttonautofactors.co.uk/buy-online.php

Chrisa3tdi
03-09-2010, 08:20 PM
I think that the sach kit will fit as a complete unit, if in doubt ask for the sach's tech help line. We use this lot as well as our local suppliers, sometimes they have a good price even after postage.

http://www.suttonautofactors.co.uk/buy-online.php

Thank you for your reply and the link.

So you think the Sach kit from the passat would fit my A3?

Do you think the kit in my A3 would be a standard factory fitted Sach kit? I have never had it changed.

I didn't mention but the engine codes are as follows;

A3 - BKD
PASSAT - BKP

Many thanks

roundwoodgarage
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM
sorry my fault for not reading your post fully, I would have to check against your engine code, I can look into this for you no problem. if you want to send me a PM with your reg on that would make it easier, I undersand it you don't want to.

Chrisa3tdi
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
sorry my fault for not reading your post fully, I would have to check against your engine code, I can look into this for you no problem. if you want to send me a PM with your reg on that would make it easier, I undersand it you don't want to.

I'll send you a PM.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I don't have the reg for the passat but I have the chassis numbers for both cars if that helps?

passat - (removed) (BKP)
A3 - (removed) (BKD)

Just to recap I have a full SACH kit for the passat and I want to know will that fit my A3?

Many thanks for your generous help here.

Chris

If you can take the chassis numbers down and I'll remove them from the post as im not too sure how safe it is posting them.

Chrisa3tdi
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have any more information on this query?

Thank you