PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Fault after upgrading CAN bus gateway

bmcqueen
03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Can anyone help?

I've upgraded my CAN bus gateway so that I can install an RCD 510. However I have an error code from Cent Elect module 9. The car is a 55 plate RHD and uses the standard light fitments for reverse and fog. Right hand side rear light is fog and left hand side rear light is reverse (back-up).

I've cleared the code several times , but each time I turn on the ignition the tell tale light failure indicator on the dash illuminates. :confused:

Here's the error code

01519 - Bulb for Back-Up Lights; Right (M17)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101100
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 0
Mileage: 62993 km
Time Indication: 0
Freeze Frame:
ON
Voltage: 12.45 V
ON
ON
OFF
OFF
OFF

Issac Hunt
04-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Sure you have the new CAN gateway correctly coded?

Using the long coding helper in VCDS should ensure its correct.

bmcqueen
04-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks, for some reason I hadn't noticed Byte 9 of the CAN gateway (19) coding which sets the car for RHD and >= 4 doors. Once I checked those boxes everything works perfectly. :)

:beerchug:

Frelon
14-09-2010, 06:44 PM
This is an interesting one!

I have a LHD Golf Plus ( 'cause I live in France) and am thinking of moving back to the UK. The car has been fantastic and it would be my dream to swap it for a similar spec RHD car, but as we all know some dreams do not come true!

I have sourced some alternative rear lights suitable for RHD cars with fog light on right and reverse light on left.

So am I right in assuming (and having read this thread) that I only need to reprogramme the CAN bus to RHD for these lights to work as they should?

The next challenge is to source a speedo marked in MPH!!

bmcqueen
15-09-2010, 05:16 PM
I can't answer that. When I had the car set for LHD, neither my rear fog light or reversing light worked at all

The fog light didn't act as a reversing light and the reversing light didnt act like a fog light. I suspect this is what you were hoping for.

So it looks like there may be more to it than just setting the CAN gateway.

Frelon
16-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I was hoping. I want to avoid having to do the rewiring thing!

What a pain VW is when they have a single fog light and single reversing light on their cars. The reversing light is totally inadequate!

However I see that on the latest VW Golf Plus they have two rear fog lights and presumably use the white LEDs surrounding the fog lights for reversing.

No doubt somebody else can help me out.