PDA

View Full Version : Multi function skoda clock???

k3zzaroo
01-09-2010, 07:05 PM
I have a rather minor but slightly irritating problem with my 2000 reg Fabia 'Comfort' - when the ignition is switched off the digital clock in the dials shows the time, however, when I turn the key it adopts a different function. At first I thought the clock was just going wrong once the key was turned like some kind of battery fault as it displays 2 numbers, 2 dots then 2 more numbers (eg 10:23) but then the numbers went beyond clock numbers - its now on 45:34!
Today, it had a completely new function of telling me the temperature instead! Does anyone know how to get it to just show the good old fashioned time?
As I said, minor issue but hugely annoying when I have no idea what time it is while Im driving along!

Thanks

xx

DSG4ME
02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
They do get a bit glitchy with age, my Superb would do things like switch to km's instead of miles, or show a Sharan shape on the MFD when the door was open, it just clears itself most of the time, I wouldn't worry about it, and the cost will far outweigh the satisfaction anyway, and frankly on a ten year old car it just isn't worth worrying about as long as the car is functioning fine.