PDA

View Full Version : new passat boot opens!

michaeldonnelly
13-06-2007, 03:07 PM
July 06 passat saloon and the boot will pop open on occasions whilst car is unlocked in my driveway or when stopped whilst driving. eg at traffic lights. I have been speaking to another passat owner who is experiencing a similiar problem. Is this common or just two isolated cases? note the boot will stay closed when double locked.

Quatrelle
13-06-2007, 07:50 PM
This is not an uncommon problem and is apparently caused by a fault in the locking ECU in the driver's door. Should be fixed under VW guarantee I would have thought. Mine's Dec 2006 and I haven't had the problem - yet!

P.S. What do you mean by 'double locked'?

forge197
07-11-2007, 08:53 PM
My Mar 2007 Passat did this today but I cannot be sure that I didn't lean on the key but I was told the boot had been open most of the day I have locked the car. At least I think I did.

GilesC
07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
:aargh4: Join the club. Mine did it Romsey, Hants late one night and only a series of very, very hard slams kept it shut till I got home. It is the ECU in the door. VW Assist can do quick fix which permanently locks the boot, pending your dealer doing a fix under warranty.

forge197
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Mine shut as soon as pressed the button I have the electric boot closer, at the moment I am thinking I may have leant on the key fob but I am going to have to watch that!! It has to go to the dealer for a couple of other points they can look at then. I had no issue closing it once I noticed it was open. The sunglass holder won't open and there is a strange clicking behind the dash to the right of the Radio

Quatrelle
07-11-2007, 09:54 PM
....and there is a strange clicking behind the dash to the right of the RadioPresumably when you turn the wheel? Mine did, but to the left of the radio (I'm on l.h.d.) and I assumed it was the steering column, which I'd read about somewhere else. But it's stopped now, and I didn't notice when. I'd be interested to know what your dealer says - I'm wondering if my dealer did it when it went in for an airbag light - they seem to check other things (e.g. updates from VW) when it's with them.

forge197
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
It only does it when cold so I am thinking somthing to do with HVAC, though I need to have another listen. I'll update once it's been in the dealers. More worried about the boot opening itself if indeed it has, do recall an incident in my garage so I will raise this too with the dealer.

kenney
07-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Just to let you guys know that there has been a fault with the talgate and boot lock on some models.

carl s
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
By the way if by "double locked" you mean clicking the remote twice, Did you know that this actually turns off the deadlocks...

1 click is deadlocks on
2 clicks is deadlocks off

different from most makes where a double click puts the deadlocks on!

AFaber
03-12-2007, 09:23 AM
My B6 2006 Passat has the same problem. It started a few months ago with occasional dashboard warning signals for driver door open coming on. The signal would appear and then stop by itself. Since this weekend the boot is malfunctioning. When I unlock the car the boot spontaneously opens several times. Today the boot opened while I pulled away from a traffic light. Great got to go to the dealer again, what a waist of time, and the replacement car will be crappy as usual.

I’m not very happy with the quality of this car. I’ve had several other problems:

My gearbox broke (replaced under warranty)
My CD player malfunctioned (replaced under warranty)
There are irritating rattles in the dash.

forge197
03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Afaber - do you have an estate or a saloon

AFaber
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
My Passat is a saloon

Monaghan Man
22-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi.
I'm having the same problem eith my boot. it pops open on its own accord.
My car is no longer under warranty so i was wondering does anybody know the specifics of the problem so that i can order the part and fix it myself.

Quatrelle
22-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi.
I'm having the same problem eith my boot. it pops open on its own accord.
My car is no longer under warranty so i was wondering does anybody know the specifics of the problem so that i can order the part and fix it myself.As a first 'no-cost' attempt at a remedy you could try disconnecting the battery to see if the computer/ECU resets itself. Make sure you've got the radio code before you do this if you disconnect it for anything longer than a few seconds.

crox
23-10-2008, 01:18 PM
As a first 'no-cost' attempt at a remedy you could try disconnecting the battery to see if the computer/ECU resets itself. Make sure you've got the radio code before you do this if you disconnect it for anything longer than a few seconds.

hey quatrelle,

MNG was asking about you on the other place ... wandering if anyone had heard from ya!

Quatrelle
23-10-2008, 02:43 PM
hey quatrelle,

MNG was asking about you on the other place ... wandering if anyone had heard from ya!Hi Crox - you have mail.

crox
23-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Crox - you have mail.

as do you.

Monaghan Man
23-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the idea Quatrelle.

Unfortunately it didn't work. Left the battery off for 30secs, but the boot is still opening on its own.

You got any more ideas or Anyone got any other ideas.

Thanks.