PDA

View Full Version : dealer "Paint Pack"

efcbluepete
31-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi,

Just buying a 2 year old low mileage A6 from a main dealer and they offered a "paint pack", which they claimed would put a protection on the car that would stop bird muck, sap, etc causing paint probs, and washing would only need to be done with water & no detergents, etc.

anybody any idea what this is? is it just a case of them getting the valet done and finished with autoglym super resin polish? or is there much more to it?

Given they were asking £399 for it, I thought I could get 8 decent valets for that much, including use of Autoglym kit.

Cheers,

Pete

elitedetailer
16-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi,

Just buying a 2 year old low mileage A6 from a main dealer and they offered a "paint pack", which they claimed would put a protection on the car that would stop bird muck, sap, etc causing paint probs, and washing would only need to be done with water & no detergents, etc.

anybody any idea what this is? is it just a case of them getting the valet done and finished with autoglym super resin polish? or is there much more to it?

Given they were asking £399 for it, I thought I could get 8 decent valets for that much, including use of Autoglym kit.

Cheers,

Pete

Hi

It is just an easy way for them to make money, you were wise on not going for it.

Regards
EliteDetailer Team :beerchug:

JON76
17-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I agree with elite it's just an easy way for dealers to make money. Dealer tried to sell it to me when I bought my Audi and when I asked what exactly it invovled it sounded little more than just a layer of polish and wax being applied. So I spent about £50 on cleaning materials, cloths etc and did it myself

I have looked around on some independent detailers websites and for £400 you can get something far more comprehensive done

JimC64
20-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Maybe elite detailer can chime in here, but, I'm sure for just a little more, maybe £400 - £500 would get you a comprehensive detail.
I'd say this would probably include a thorough wash, alloys cleaned (properly) car de tarred and clayed, swirl removal and a coat of wax / sealer to finish.
Might even take 2 days to do its that thorough!!

IMO these paint protection systems offered by dealers are a quick rub down and a coat of wax as already stated and sumthin you could do yourself in a few hours and for £30 -£40.:beerchug: