PDA

View Full Version : Climatronic problem

talex438
18-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Has anyone had any problems with their new06 passat climatronic controls? My airconditioner will only cool when on LO, otherwise hot air comes out of the vent???? I checked the fuses and all seem ok, I am scheduling a dealer visit soon:(

talex438
18-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Went by dealer and scheduled an appointment, will post result next week. I know it probably has no bearing but had windows tinted just before problem with climate control?? Possible water running down into dash area.

glynnd
23-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Climatronic does not give conditioned air when temp outside is below 5.5 celcius. On low fan speed it is possible for the air to cool slightly before it exits the vents. Could this be your problem? If you have a garage try your car in there before you book in with the dealer.:beerchug:

talex438
25-03-2006, 02:10 PM
The dealer told me the same thing before physically checking out the car, I also tried varius scenarios, running in garage, leaving on for lenghtend time period hoping it might cycle out, and of course going through the manual double checking to make sure I was operating the system properly.

The A/C comes on operates properly, but when you adjust the temperature from 60 and all higher temps it gives full heat.....enough to run you out of the car.

What the dealer said......As I mentioned the service manager first tried to educate me on how the system worked...ie. it will heat or cool on high until temp adjusted on climatronic is acheived.....only after I brought out to the car and showed him first hand did the service manager understand the problem.....scheduled for service.....their conclusion faulty climatronic controls.........parts on order. I am some what skeptical that the problem has been found though.....when in service I had to explain the problem again to the person assigned to work on the car.

I will post the part number, desription of what was replaced when I get the work completed and the system is working again.

Other than that this car rocks!!! I love the extra room and the power, we traded in a 04 GLI just becuase our family outgrew it, hated to loose it, but I am happy with the PASSAT.