PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Tuning

burkey1
30-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Folks,
I am looking to up BHP on my A4
I currently have a standard 02 1.8T 150bhp AVJ.
I don’t want to go mad and start replacing turbos, injectors etc but would like a very safe 30bhp or so
I believe a remap is the way to go.
Some questions:
Is this safe and what is the best one out there?
Is this something that must be completed at a garage or can a device be purchased and added to the car (I.E chip)?
Is this guaranteed?
Will this affect my insurance and will I need to inform them?
Also live in Ireland so will not have the same accessability to tuners as UK, therefore a self install might suit best.
Cheers..

bez101
30-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Folks,
I am looking to up BHP on my A4
I currently have a standard 02 1.8T 150bhp AVJ.
I don’t want to go mad and start replacing turbos, injectors etc but would like a very safe 30bhp or so
I believe a remap is the way to go.
Some questions:
Is this safe and what is the best one out there?
Is this something that must be completed at a garage or can a device be purchased and added to the car (I.E chip)?
Is this guaranteed?
Will this affect my insurance and will I need to inform them?
Also live in Ireland so will not have the same accessability to tuners as UK, therefore a self install might suit best.
Cheers..
1st off the AVJ is 163 bhp
yes its safe to map may need the DV changeing there weak and usaly fail after a map
dont cost much and easy to fit
garage or mobil loads around search is your friend as im not in ireland i cant recomend you should inform insurance i never do no self install realy apart from bluefin maybe others but they cost

burkey1
30-08-2010, 03:30 PM
AVJ is 150BHP 110Kw... going to check this out again but 99.9% sure
BFB is 163 I thought.

Whats the DV?

Are you saying there is no self install, am I best looking for a device or a company to tune?

Are bluefin any good, worth the money, reliable, safe etc...?

Thanks

richie_jones
30-08-2010, 07:21 PM
DV=dump valve, or sometimes called diverter valve..

fourringsrus
30-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Correct 110kw is 150 bhp ,check your handbook,page one to confirm your output, the same sticker is in your boot under the carpet

burkey1
31-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Ya, it’s 150bhp AVJ alright.
Tks for info so far guys..
I’ve had a look around and found someone who has done an AMD ecu remap & Forge diverter valve change and are v happy with it.
I also found out not to go near a tuning box that tells your ecu that you air intake is always cold.
Sorry for all the questions but like to know what I am buying.
Going to see what’s available my way and maybe come back for some advice before I purchase
cheers..