PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Leon TDi FR 2007

broughs
29-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I found and joined this site tonight as I am at my wits end with this vehicle, which I have owned for 3 years now.

Where to start..........it has never run properly. Issues with cold start, misfiring, fuel injection, DPF etc etc.

I have had injector #4 replaced on warranty, the fuel pump replaced.

I get lots of misfire and choked exhaust noise, but the dealer says its all DPF regeneration. So why is it doing it most of the time ? I drive 50 miles at speed each day.

The car broke down end July and I was towed home. Since the car is now out of warranty, I was charged £840 for injector #1 replacement. The car still ran rough and a couple of weeks later the DPF light came on, coupled with EMS light and ECS light, and into limp mode. New exhaust pressure sensor fitted. 4 days later, still lots of choked exhaust and misfire, plus idiling at c1000rpm. DPF light came on and back to the dealer.

Please can anyone help diagnose this issue, the car is costing me a bomb, and the dealer has not resolved these issues.

Thanks in anticipation.

Stewart:aargh4:

Crasher
29-08-2010, 10:37 PM
If the dealer has not been able to diagnose it using their systems such as Guided Fault Finding there is little chance that we can do anything. All I can suggest is that you start by getting a garage to do a fault code read and then come back to us with the results. Injector failure on the 2 litre 16v PD TDI is very common.

broughs
30-08-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info on the injectors.
Car is at dealer at moment, so will let you know.
I was disappointed that I should have to pay for an injector just out of warranty as I would have expected this to be "fit for purpose" and last some time!
Do you think I can get some recourse ?

Crasher
30-08-2010, 12:20 PM
If you bought the car from a main Seat dealer and it has only ever been serviced there, you should have asked for a goodwill contribution at the time of invoice, I think you will struggle now. It is a very common failure.