PDA

View Full Version : add cruise control to a passat cc

polytan
27-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi all !

I am going to receive my passat cc soon.

No model available in the UK (I wanted the cc gt but I really had to change my car so...) but I lastly found a cc to get.

There isn't cruise control in it. I have seen that we can buy a cruise control joystick and put it into the car. Apparently, every thing else is already prepared.

I haven't found data on the internet explaining how to change it. Do you think that VW garages can do that for me if I bring the joystick ?

Maybe that I can do it myself, it is written 2h change, but I think we need specialized equipment, right ? Also, this component is directly linked to the motor and the wheels so I would prefer a professional to do it.

Polytan

gamichea
27-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Had this done on my Passat B6 saloon by my dealer. It required a combined indicator stalk and cruise stalk unit plus a replacement lower steering column cover with a cut out to suit the combined unit. Parts and labour to fit and integrate with the electronics cost about £160 iirr.

There are a few threads you can search for on this subject in the B6 forum.

johnloaderuk
27-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Method here if you fancy trying it yourself.

http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/3c-passat-ccs.pdf

Criterian
18-10-2010, 04:10 PM
My 2010 model has just been in for it's first (10k) service. Asked about having CC retro fitted and how much would it cost. Turns out that the the current retro fit kit is not compatable with all 2010 models, only some chassis numbers. After the dealer checked with VW directly, mine happens to be one of those :-( so they could not fit it. They did say ask again in 12 months, as there may well be a new kit or solution later in the year, although they could not promise anything.Regards,Critters.

johnloaderuk
18-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Strange as it's still listed on the VW website for the CC £229 retro fitted. Lets hope they can sort something out for you.