PDA

View Full Version : Leon 1.4s does not start first time. HELP!

cattouchin
27-08-2010, 01:32 PM
My seat leon turns over but will not start first time after short journeys. There is also a smell of petrol when I am trying to start up the engine.. It normally occurs when the engine has not been running long enough to get up to temperature and then I try to start it soon after...for example if I drive to the shop 2 mins away it won't start when I come back out the shop. It always seems to start third time. There are no warning lights showing.

I don't know if it is related to the engine not getting up to temperature or not but as long as it does get there it is fine.

Very grateful for any feedback or ideas anyone has

Cheers, Cat

anycolour
02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
hi there,

Sorry if you are expecting help with this issue. I'm just posting to say i've got the same problem! Almost identical...I drove for 15 minutes earlier...then it would turn over but not start when I left work. After lunch about 90 minutes after that it worked perfectly again.

I had the car serviced recently and the garage did not note anything. Probably because they are starting the car from cold each time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

***Edit*** This has been ongoing for a while but like most small faults it does not happen enough time to warrant me taking it to the garage.

Thanks,

Dan