PDA

View Full Version : New A4?

theskyfox
27-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Hi Guys,
I've decided to hold off buying a new car until the new year. I'm going to be after an A4 TDi..and was thinking that they must be due a new Marque soon, with the B8 having been around for nearly 3 years now. Anyone got any insider information or heard any rumours about a possible B9 for 2011?

-Andrew

kodkod.84
27-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Not likely to be a total new model for some time, but a facelift may be due soon.

vwawudi
27-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Hi Guys,
I've decided to hold off buying a new car until the new year. I'm going to be after an A4 TDi..and was thinking that they must be due a new Marque soon, with the B8 having been around for nearly 3 years now. Anyone got any insider information or heard any rumours about a possible B9 for 2011?

-Andrew

I've wondered what impact the VAT hike would have on new prices from next year.

B8 TDI
27-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Based on what I've read the B9 is only due in 2015, I suppose that there may be a facelift inbetween but probably not before 2012, that being said facelifts ussualy get designated a new B number so there may not be anything at all other than refinements to the current model till 2015.

SunnyBard
27-08-2010, 07:51 PM
I've wondered what impact the VAT hike would have on new prices from next year.

OTR price will go up by nearly 2.5%, the first year road fund isn't VATable as far as I know, but everything(?) else that's included is.

Whether any manufacturers will have "we pay the equivalent of the VAT rise" special offers for a while, I dunno. But I doubt it as this is the new permanent rate, not a one year fudge the books special rate.

mkc
31-08-2010, 09:16 PM
The face lift A4 will include a new design grill. The new A1 and A2 have a 6 sided grill, the new A6 and A4 facelift will also get this. But you wont see a new car for several years yet.

Audi are busy at the moment, new A1 soft top, A2 five door based on the A1 platform, new A3 and A6 fairly soon and I suspect the A5 will get the facelift before the A4.