PDA

View Full Version : confirmed build weeks

cc170gt
26-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Hi all ,
Has anyone got confirmed build weeks yet ? I ordered end of june & have been told week 44 but still not confirmed :confused:.

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Ordered mine on the 10th July and was told yesterday that VW were unable to give me a build week due to a parts shortage on options I had ordered :confused::confused:. Spec is Black with Cornsilk,MDI,Daytona alloys and electric memory seats.Surely they can't be short of any of those options.

thax1
26-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi all ,
Has anyone got confirmed build weeks yet ? I ordered end of june & have been told week 44 but still not confirmed :confused:.

I ordered at a similar time for a company vehicle. Newbury VW still quoting w/c 6/9/10, but no contact regarding a delivery day, so not yet arrived at dealer.

Upgraded to RNS510, so hoping the delays on RNS310s that you mentioned in previous thread will not affect this one.

cc170gt
26-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi. It appears to be problems with supply of standard sat nav systems .

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 02:13 PM
If that is the case then as all UK spec cars have RNS310 as standard it would follow that VW can't build any cars for the UK ????????? Their production sequence must be in a hell of a mess then.

cc170gt
26-08-2010, 02:38 PM
May be possible to upgrade to dvd sat nav.

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 02:49 PM
May be possible to upgrade to dvd sat nav

I do about 10,000 miles a year mainly local,I wouldn't normally spec Sat-nav and spending £900 to upgrade is a definite no-no,if VW want to do it free then that's fine.

shefwhite
26-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Ordered mine in July, just got email through with estimated delivery W/C 22nd October!

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Ordered mine in July, just got email through with estimated delivery W/C 22nd October!

What build week have they given you to get 22nd Oct delivery.

shefwhite
26-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I do about 10,000 miles a year mainly local,I wouldn't normally spec Sat-nav and spending £900 to upgrade is a definite no-no,if VW want to do it free then that's fine.

What build week have they given you to get 22nd Oct delivery.

Not given one, just said arriving at dealer W/C 15th Oct for delivery to me W/C 22nd October.

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Is your car Std spec or are there any options on it ?? I ordered mine on the 10th July but the VW ordering system was down for a week so it wasn't processed until probably the 19th July,so on your timescale mid November is about the best I'm going to get.

gamichea
26-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Not given one, just said arriving at dealer W/C 15th Oct for delivery to me W/C 22nd October.

The build week is the only piece of info.that will give you some sort of handle on whether the car exists and when it might arrive. I was told build week 48 (=23-27/11/2009) when I ordered and it was built then. It took 2-3 weeks to reach Hull and then my dealer, located less than 100 miles from Hull had to fight to get it on a transporter for delivery to him 21/12, PDI it and deliver to me 23/12.

This all seemed ridiculous as CCs are built at Emden which is also the port from which VWs are shipped the short distance to Hull or to Newcastle. I'm told all new UK-bound (and probably elsewhere) VWs, wherever in the world built (including the Emden factory) pass through another Emden location for inspection and rectification before moving on so there is clearly scope for delay. Dealers are able to track vehicles in build and thereafter but it seems there is an info.black hole between completion of build and news on which sailing a car will be transported until its been loaded or is pretty close to loading.

So unless things are different now I suspect your dealer is speculating to some degree, whether optimistically or pessimistically remains to be seen. And of course build weeks can be changed............

Scooby-Doo
26-08-2010, 10:56 PM
Although I've got a confirmed order VW can't allocate a build week as they do not know when they will have the necessary parts to actualluy build it.:( .When I ordered my TT back in Nov 2007 my dealer didn't even have an allocation for 6 weeks,MKII very much in demand then,and until then I couldn't even get a build week.Once you get a build week it's usually 2-3 weeks after the build date before the dealer gets it.On the current timescale from the VW dealership it's going to take just as long to get a CC as it did to get my TT.(24 weeks) I don't mind waiting for the car but not having a definite date for build pi**es me off.
On the movement of cars between factories I'm told that Siroccos built in Portugal are shipped to Emden for final inspection and shipped on to the UK.Main delay at port is that they obviously have to get a "shipfull"so if your car arrives just after the ship has sailed you'd have a longer wait.

cullinp
26-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I ordered late July GT 140 no additional spec......lease company are stating early/mid Nov before arriving at the dealer.

Has it been confirmed that this RNS310 supply problem is valid and not just speculation?

m3-fast
27-08-2010, 10:10 PM
I ordered a Passat CC GT 140 diesel in June, spoke to the dealer this week who said the build had been delayed by a week? I think he said it was now to be built in week 37, or it should have been 37, and now a week late? He reckoned that was the middle of September and the car would be at the dealer approx 1st or 2nd week of October.

Our current lease car has to be returned on the 20th October, so hope it's not too late!!

cullinp
28-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Spoke to my dealer, they're pretty good and this was their response,

"We have heard directly from VW Factory that there is an issue. Normal lead time on this car should be 6 – 8 weeks really. We have advised 8 -10 weeks to try and compensate for this on all our order forms."

So hopefully late October/early November I'll get my car.

m3-fast
29-08-2010, 08:05 PM
be interesting to see what happens here, hope the delays are not too long.

Suprised they don't carry on and build the vehicle - slotting a stereo/head unit in post-build shouldn't be too difficult?

Either that, or give is the RNS510 upgrade :D

Scooby-Doo
05-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Just been given a build week 44,ordered 10th July,so that's the first week of November and expected delivery end of November, 20 weeks :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

m3-fast
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
I spoke to my dealer on the 1st September, and he advised that mine is still showing week 37 build and he says that once they have a build week, they rarely move in his experience. He has promised to keep an eye on it but is confident it will be with us mid October latest :D

Scooby-Doo
06-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Although I ordered on the 10th July VW's computer system was down for over a week and I think the factory is actually shut for 2 weeks in August so this would account for some of the delay,still :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:.Never been any good at waiting for things,trouble is I've ordered Black and it's now going to turn up at the start of winter and keeping it clean is going to be a nightmare.My current silver car just goes a shade darker the dirtier it gets.What colour have you ordered M3 and is it your own or company car ??

cc170gt
06-09-2010, 08:51 PM
According to calendar this is week 37 so you may hear something from dealer this week .

thax1
07-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Car ordered around 20th May, arrived in dealer stock yesterday for delivery next week (have to wait on current lease to expire). So around 16 weeks.

Scooby-Doo
07-09-2010, 02:53 PM
According to calendar this is week 37

I think that this week is week 36, week 1 was w/c 4th Jan 2010.I've been given week 44 as w/c 1st Nov 2010

vwparly
07-09-2010, 11:06 PM
First post on the forums

I just ordered a Passatt CC GT 140d 2 days ago (lease company) and have now just found out it will be 30th November when the dealer gets it. from what i understand the lease company already had some on order, but i dont know how long for.

its standard black, with folding mirrors, the multi device interface and heated windscreen.

Nightmare is my old car goes back end October - over a month without a car!!! :( (bad planning, i know!)

Will be keeping an eye out here to see how you guys get on with delivery.

hartry
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
same situation... i'm in a www.carsondemand.co.uk golf at the momemt, seemed to be the only short term lease company we could find

vwparly
07-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Well, i think i can manage a month without one, but public transport to work is going to be a pain as its a bus ride just to get to the train station. tesco online for shopping - whoch isnt bad cos i have been trying to convince the wife (who deosnt drive) that we should be doing that for years!!!

i'll let you know how i cope! havent been without a car since i was 17! :aargh4:

hartry
07-09-2010, 11:32 PM
christ, if i could get by for a month doing that, i think i'd do without a car full time! but yeah had an online grocery delivery tonight, it's great

vwparly
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
To be honest - it going to be a real pain as its going to add ages to my journey every day, but i figured i could save a bit of cash rather than trying to sort out something else.

My mate suggested a top gear challenge - try and find a second hand banger for buttons and sell it for more in a month! I may be tempted if it starts snowing in November.....

shefwhite
08-09-2010, 07:26 AM
First post on the forums

I just ordered a Passatt CC GT 140d 2 days ago (lease company) and have now just found out it will be 30th November when the dealer gets it. from what i understand the lease company already had some on order, but i dont know how long for.

its standard black, with folding mirrors, the multi device interface and heated windscreen.

Nightmare is my old car goes back end October - over a month without a car!!! :( (bad planning, i know!)

Will be keeping an eye out here to see how you guys get on with delivery.

If you speak to your lease company they should let you keep your current car on a daily basis & charge until your new car arrives, that's what mine are happy to do.

m3-fast
16-09-2010, 08:33 AM
According to calendar this is week 37 so you may hear something from dealer this week .

Spoke to my dealer and he confirmed that the system was still showing week 37 build - he is going to keep an eye on it daily (just to shut me up I think lol) and let me know when the status changes ;)

He reckons 3 weeks then for delivery to the dealer.

m3-fast
17-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Dealer has been checking daily for me and this morning the car is showing as 'In Production' - wooo hoooo!!!!! :D

Scooby-Doo
17-09-2010, 09:11 AM
This is week 37,so he was right.Mine's week 44 so I've still got a long wait.

cc170gt
17-09-2010, 10:12 AM
x 2 week 44

m3-fast
17-09-2010, 10:43 AM
yep, unfortunately I doubt you will see your cars until early December - my dealer anticipates 3 weeks from production to UK delivery.

Then dealer pdi/registration process etc may add on a few days?

cc170gt
17-09-2010, 07:36 PM
spoke to my dealer today . he told me this is vw build week 38 ? still confused but hope he is right , ( 1 week less to wait ) .

m3-fast
18-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Strange! Mine has been checking for me and defo said that this was week 37?

Ask him what the status is? If it's not 'in production' until next week then that would be guessed as week 38. They may both come over on the same boat tho eh??

cc170gt
18-09-2010, 01:49 PM
my car not due until week 44 .

cullinp
18-09-2010, 09:56 PM
I asked my lease company twice now for the build week and haven't been told. Keep getting answers along the lines of it'll be with you early to mid November.

I may try again this week.

m3-fast
20-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Ask if they will tell you who the supplying dealer is - then email the fleet sales dept - they will have access to your cars build status

cullinp
23-09-2010, 04:29 PM
UPDATE FROM MY DEALER - DISAPPOINTING

We are finally receiving updates from Volkswagen in regards to production of their Passat CC and other vehicles. There is good news in that they have validated the orders and cars will be built and supplied at the agreed rental. On the flip side however, there does look to be a delay in production as detailed below. Whilst the information below is direct from VW, it’s not 100% reliable. We have had a few CCs confirm earlier than stated below. Any vehicles that have been on order at factory for 20 weeks, qualify for a loan car. We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and assure you that any estimated delivery date given, was correct at that time.

If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to call or email.

20109474 Paul Cullington Passat CC 2.0 GT TDI 140ps x 2 White / Black Awaiting Build Week Awaiting Build Week from Factory - TBC

Production update 2010, week 37
20 Sep 10
1203-1

Factory information

Delayed Touareg Altitude customer orders
We are finalising a process to address this matter and will be contacting affected Retailers next week.

Extended lead times on Passat CC and Tiguan models
Because of the high demand for both of these models, orders are starting to show provisional build weeks in 2011. We are negotiating with the Factory for additional production on these.
Polo BlueMotion and Polo GTI supply
We have had no additional information about the supply of Polo BlueMotion and GTI models. Because of the restrictions in supply of these models, they have been moved to customer orders only status. Click here for details.

Polo production affected by industrial action in South Africa
Strike action at the Factory in South Africa is affecting production of Polo A05 SA models. Click here for details.

Fox MY10 closed for Factory ordering
Our production allocation has now been filled for this year. Fox will be reopened for Factory ordering when MY11 production begins early next year. In the meantime, look at pipeline stocks for available vehicles. Click here for more details.

Restricted Supply on RNS 310
Limited supply of the satellite navigation unit RNS 310 is still causing the delayed confirmation of orders on all applicable models/derivatives where these units are either fitted as standard or as an optional extra. This situation is unlikely to improve in the short term, please advise your customers accordingly.

Delays on automatic transmission models
The restricted availability of automatic transmission is affecting all models. This situation will not improve in the short term, please consider this when advising customers of potential lead times.

Golf R and Scirocco R lead times
Limited supply and high demand throughout Europe for Golf R and Scirocco R models has resulted in average lead times of up to five months. Please manage customers expectations accordingly.

Checking orders
Any orders that we have placed on your behalf for Golf R and Scirocco R models should be checked within 48hrs of us confirming to you that the order has been placed. Discrepancies must be highlighted as soon as possible to ensure orders are amended before they become 'frozen for production'. Failure to do this means vehicles will be built to incorrect specifications.

Left-hand drive cars
We are currently unable to order left-hand drive cars. We will let you know when this has been resolved.

New Touran demos
New Touran demonstrators have been made available. If you missed the 12 noon deadline, stock search free importer stocks for vehicles in ‘Physical Status 40’ to ensure you have a demonstrator vehicle registered and on site before the on sale date of the 22 September. Click here for more details.

Passat Estate removed from ordering
The Passat Estate has been removed from ordering after filling our order bank. The final few weeks of production are being scheduled so monitor SLi to see if your vehicles have been confirmed. We recommend that you look for alternative confirmed stock vehicles that will satisfy customer requirements where possible, to avoid potential disappointment. We will let you know when the final build week is confirmed. Click here for more details.

Quota

Telephone calls to the Sales and Generalist team for additional production requests are no longer required, as within the SLi system you are able to order vehicles over and above your allocation. These orders will be released from the wait list as and when you have production allocation or additional production is released. Please be mindful of this for customer orders, as these orders will be subject to potential lead times well in excess of the standard published lead times.

Because of the way that allocation is now calculated and distributed, we are currently unable to transfer allocation, both 'stock and transit' and 'production' between Retailers.

Vehicle lead time guide
All earliest build weeks quoted are based on the latest production information available at time of publishing and may be subject to change.

Earliest potential deliveries are given to help guide you and should not be used as a guaranteed delivery date.

Please add the relevant number of weeks when using a future month’s allocation for ordering.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/Cullinp/cc2.jpg
Table notes:

1 This refers to the earliest build week you are likely to be allocated for orders placed this week. Earlier build weeks are now confirmed and closed for new orders.
2 This provides you with average lead time (in weeks) for each model based on the previous rolling 4 week period (confirmed production week to UK arrival) plus one week for UK logistics.
3 This provides you with earliest estimated delivery week based on any order placed being confirmed into the earliest build week.
Earliest Build week + Average number of weeks from production to UK arrival + 1 Additional week for UK logistics

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 04:44 PM
That's really bad news Paul - there appears to be all sorts of delays across the range? Seems odd?

I had heard about the RNS310 units in shortage, but they are blaming demand for the car rather that just that issue alone?

I wonder what 'loan car' customers are entitled to? Should be a nearly new or ex-demo CC but I guess i won't be :confused:

I have just emailed my dealer again to see if he will check on the system for me, and see if the status is going in a positive direction (ie being built or actually built) - just hope they dont say it is delayed :mad:

vwparly
23-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Yikes - not the best news :zx11:

Just mailed my lease company asking them to get onto the dealership and ask whats the story. My original date was early November, moved to end of November. If it moves any later i may start looking at other cars - which i really dont want to do.:confused:

cullinp
23-09-2010, 05:37 PM
No, wasn't a happy chappy when that mail landed in my in-box this morning.

My preferred car is the Audi A4 S-Line, the CC is something I've come to because I don't think you can beat the spec of the car for the lease price.

My decision is now, can I drive my better half's New Polo around the Country for another 3-4 months potentially?

The alternative is to look elsewhere.....this is a flavour of what's out there (available for immediate delivery) from a chat I had with another company this afternoon.

Audi A3 1.6 Techik 5dr - £249 plus VAT
BMW 320D Efficient Dynamics Saloon £339.99 plus VAT - Due for October delivery
Audi A5 2.0 TDI S Line Special Edition Coupe - £419 plus VAT
Audi TT 2.0 TDI Sport Coupe - £339.99 plus VAT
Audi TT 1.8 TFSI Coupe with multifunction steering wheels, bluetooth and comfort pack in black - £345.00 plus VAT
Mercedes C Class C200 Exec SE Auto Saloon £339.99
Mercedes CLC 180 Sport Manual - £289.99 plus VAT

Going to have a think tonight and see whether there are any short term lease options that would fit my requirements.

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 05:48 PM
www.contracthireandleasing.com (http://www.contracthireandleasing.com)

Check that site out - good for comparing all the brokers and looking for deals.

One company on there have 5 CC's available for delivery now @ £265 a month:

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-special-offer/Vehicles_4_Business/Volkswagen/Passat_CC/107320422/?Source=hpl

I have good news at least, our car is built, left the factory and currently on a boat to the UK :biglaugh:

Hope you sort something out soon - It will be a difficult car to beat for the money

cullinp
23-09-2010, 07:32 PM
I've sent them an email regarding those 5 in stock CC's. I'm keen to get the Integrated Bluetooth model (I'm a techno geek!).

m3-fast
23-09-2010, 07:45 PM
They say they are 5 seater models, so will be 2011MY models so in theory shouldn't be any different to the cars being delivered now.

cc170gt
23-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Both my dealer & vw uk tell me i can get hire car after 16 weeks.

cullinp
23-09-2010, 10:49 PM
16 weeks from placing the order? Mine has stated 20 weeks?!

cc170gt
23-09-2010, 11:12 PM
16 weeks from placing order . told me a few weeks ago .

vwparly
24-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi,

Well, i have not had a good morning with this!

Lease company have said that VW have been swamped and have 3000 orders on the system that dont have build dates - due to demand being strong on the back of the deals they are doing. even though they think it could be sooner advice is that it could be FEBRUARY before dlivery.

This is for cars that were actually ordered quite a few weeks ago as well, so i would advise anyone to go and check with their supplier and get word from VW.

Trying to decide what to do now !

cullinp
24-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Update from another company I've been speaking to - doesn't make pretty reading. I've decided to wait it out as the price is excellent for the CC, as soon as I'm eligible I'm going to go into the VW supplied loan car.

Thank you for your enquiry with Vehicles 4 Business

I’m afraid that there are a lot of people in the same boat as you, basically when Volkswagen published the CC Deal a hell of a lot of people have ordered them as the price was so cheap, the orders were coming quicker than they could load them onto the system, so the system was quoting factory order times of 8- 12 weeks but there was still thousands of orders to go on the system once they had all been loaded on the system, the lead times finished as late as Feb / March. Currently I cannot order a Passat CC and I will not order one but don’t take this the wrong way I tell everybody I speak to know that if that’s the route you want to go down you will have to order 1 elsewhere because it just turns nasty in the end and there’s no point in falling out if it can be avoided.

There are some 2.0TDI’S about but because the GT is the only supported model, its comes out more expensive.

If you can wait till Jan I would stay with what you have got but if you can’t wait that long you need to cancel your order and look at some alternative’s ?

m3-fast
24-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Some of these issues have possibly been escalated by VW changing their ordering system.

My dealer told me a month or so ago that VW's entire wordworld ordering system was being changed as the old one had been in use for 20+ years, with just the front screens etc being changed, but the backbone of the system was very out of date. No dealer could actually put any orders onto the new system for over a week whilst the new one was being rolled out.

He said we were lucky as we were on the old system and should miss all the hassle that the new system may/is likely to cause. In fact when he checked we were THE very last order on the old system before it was closed down!!

Scooby-Doo
24-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I think mine was ordered on the first day the new system came live and I've got build week 44,after reading the previous posts I might call my dealer just to make sure that 44 is confirmed.I'll probably have to sell my CC after 2 years before the flood of ex lease cars hit the second hand market,I assume the leases are for three years.

m3-fast
24-09-2010, 01:30 PM
The leases on the cheap deals are for 2 years

We had a non-GT model 1.8TSi on order - this was on a 3+35 lease @ £265 per month (with metallic, MDI, park sensors, sun prot glass as options)

The GT models then came out on a 3+23 deal @ £235 per month - metallic & MDI spec'd as options

No brainer!!

Scooby-Doo
24-09-2010, 02:30 PM
£235 a month,holly sh**,I assume there's VAT on top,but even then it's only £7180 over two years.The depreciation is going to be more than that and £24000 in the bank for two years.What are VW playing at,I thought that they were limiting the supply of CC's into the UK ???

m3-fast
24-09-2010, 02:49 PM
yep, VAT on top but still a cheap car

That is why there are so many orders I guess!

They will be as common as Mondeo's soon :(

Scooby-Doo
24-09-2010, 03:29 PM
They will be as common as Mondeo's soon :(

:(:(:(:(:(

cullinp
24-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Agreed - I've said before that I wanted an A4 S Line but the price of the CC makes it a no brainer. I'm paying £280 inc Vat for 2 years.

I'll get my A4 or A5 in a couple of years instead.

I'm now in an awkward position without a main family car, I'm pressing my dealer to tell me the exact date I'm eligable for the loan car.

Must admit that if I'd have bought the car I'd be unhappy with this lease deal, there will be a glut of them arriving between now and Q1 next year.

Scooby-Doo
24-09-2010, 10:21 PM
there will be a glut of them arriving between now and throughout Q1 next year.
I am concerned about the effect on residuals but I can't see why VW are pushing the CC so much.My salesman did tell me that most manufacturers are having difficulty in selling cars in the same size class as the CC but why push sales if you haven't got the capacity to build them quick enough.They must be losing money on the lease deals so it doesn't make sense to increase production to make losses.The Passat saloon replacement which most car magazines were saying was due out at the end of 2010 appears to have fallen off the edge of the earth.If it is due out shortly why not push the saloon when it appears.
Anybody got any views on VWs strategy ??

rmccardal
25-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I think their entire operation stinks! lol

Unless they can modify my order by Wednesday and put the options that I actually ordered on, I am cancelling and going for a stock merc/audi.