PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.5tdi Cv Joint

lee@carparts
12-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi all,
Is there any one out there that knows what size allen key is required to remove the outer CV joint bolt on an 03 A6 2.5tdi. I think it's somewhere in the region of 16mm but want to be sure before stripping everything down.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lee

dengsx
30-06-2007, 05:36 PM
HI there,
I did my CV boot a few wks ago and i think it was a 17mm hex -allen key- head on the bolt. I had to buy the tool specially.

Peter D
30-06-2007, 08:09 PM
If you had to buy the tool specaialy why do you 'THINK' it was 17 mm. Go and look at it and report back. Regards Peter

Peter D
30-06-2007, 08:17 PM
I can not find your engine so please provide an engine and gear box code. They are in the spare wheel bay on a large white label. Regards Peter

adamss24
01-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Hi all,
Is there any one out there that knows what size allen key is required to remove the outer CV joint bolt on an 03 A6 2.5tdi. I think it's somewhere in the region of 16mm but want to be sure before stripping everything down.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Lee
It is a 17 mm allen key socket. You will need a long breaker bar to undo it also, will need tightening up with a torque wrench, otherwise it will damage the wheel bearings.

dengsx
01-07-2007, 08:38 PM
:mad: :mad:
Who exactly is this ******* Peter D? His attitude is unbelieveable!
He didn’t even start this thread so has absolutely zero reason to jump in and complain? If I wanted to be a smart-**** like him I could have said “take off your wheel and you will see exactly what type of bolt you need to remove!”
This forum seems like a great place for people to learn from each other and help out where possible -- so I cant see comments like this POS has made being very helpful to the forum.

Lee, if you havent done your CV joint yet, then you might find this link handy. It helped a lot when doing mine.
Denis
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel37.shtml (http://www.audiworld.com/tech/wheel37.shtml)

brickit
25-07-2007, 07:29 PM
I had the same problem on my allroad when i replaced the CV boots, you need the opposite of a 17mm nut. I had a set of 5 double ended drain plug set from machine mart from another job, cost £15 ish. A 21mm socket/plug socket to fit them. If you are replacing the cv boot - get streach type as not to remove the cv joint.

Peter D
26-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi Dengsx,
If you had to buy the tool specially why do you 'THINK' it was 17 mm. Go and look at it and report back. Regards Peter

Seems sensible to me you had the tool and it probably came out of a packet that detailed the size or you could measure it. I even offered to look it up in the manual for that transmission if the OP had declared it.
Why you have to throw your teddy out of the pram I do no know, add to this your foul mouth and your not exactly scoring points or helping any other reader of the thread are you.

However lets move on and help someone else.

Regards Peter D