PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

archdiesel
12-06-2007, 09:38 PM
As you may be able to tell from the accent, I am american. lol. Anyway, I joined up cause you guys get the cars that I want that VW/Audi wont send over to me. I am a TDI junkie and I love quattro but these two things never come together over here. So give me tech info people. I need info on what parts and trannies and suppliers are availible to be able to build what you got on my shore.....cheers:drive:

Fettler
13-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Hello and Welcolme :beerchug: :beerchug:

Why dont you relocate accross this side of the pond.:D :D

Sam
13-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Welcome aboard!

You can get the TDi 4mos (I think) in Canada and I know of one guy who bought a TDi lump from Germany and is currently fitting it to his 4mo Passat.

Sadly the dollar is very weak so unless you get a bargain....

Ben
13-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Hello and welcome. We must be carefull that things dont get lost in translation, trunk = boot, hood = bonnet, trannie = something totally different.:biglaugh: ;) :biglaugh: ;)

MalcQV
13-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Welcome :biggthump: . These diesels are not all they are cracked upto be you know :outtahere

Hello and welcome. We must be carefull that things dont get lost in translation, trunk = boot, hood = bonnet, trannie = something totally different.:biglaugh: ;) :biglaugh: ;)

Not forgetting "*****" :D

Ben
13-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Not forgetting "*****" :D

"daft mode on" what is that in american terms? "daft mode off" I'm expert in english.;)

Sam
13-06-2007, 10:32 AM
"daft mode on" what is that in american terms? "daft mode off" I'm expert in english.;)

***** pack - bum bag etc.

Maybe an American vs English language thread is a good idea.

We don't want to ruin this guy's experience before he even gets going ;)

Ben
13-06-2007, 10:43 AM
***** pack - bum bag etc.

Maybe an American vs English language thread is a good idea.

We don't want to ruin this guy's experience before he even gets going ;)

new thread started http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=10492

archdiesel
13-06-2007, 02:42 PM
hahahaa. I would love to move to Europe but my wife wont hear of it. I have to have my guns too so. :AR15firin :rocketwho
quote: "These diesels are not all they are cracked upto be you know"
I have a golf tdi and I love it. not so much the car but the engine. From an engineering stand point they just make sense to me as opposed to american or japanese. But comments like that are what I want to hear about. What engine differences are we talking about here. Do you have ALH over there or is that an american engine only?
BTW tranny does mean the same thing, the exception is in car terms it is short for transmission.

archdiesel
13-06-2007, 02:44 PM
hahahaa. I would love to move to Europe but my wife wont hear of it. I have to have my guns too so.
I have a golf tdi and I love it. not so much the car but the engine. From an engineering stand point they just make sense to me as opposed to american or japanese. But comments like that are what I want to hear about. What engine differences are we talking about here. Do you have ALH over there or is that an american engine only?
BTW tranny does mean the same thing, the exception is in car terms it is short for transmission.

MalcQV
14-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I have a golf tdi and I love it. not so much the car but the engine. From an engineering stand point they just make sense to me as opposed to american or japanese. But comments like that are what I want to hear about.

Just a bit of fun, I have no issues with Diesel engines, just prefer petrol ;)