PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Car feeling slow and Service advise please

Crackman 619
22-08-2010, 11:49 PM
First question...

Well basically my car dont have the ooomph it use to have when i first bought it. I dont get any boost/kick until 2300 rpm and that to me is not right at all especially when you at a give way or a round about.

The car is a 06 2.0tdi 140 BKP. Ive been to VW and had it scanned and they said no faults on the car at all and it is completley fine.

Well i drive it on a daily basis so i know its not fine. I was wondering is there somethin i could clean or add so that i get the kick at about 1900rpm like i use to?

Second question..

My car is on a long life service and i know after many threads and debates on here the oil is fine for the length between services. However, what about the oil/pollen/fuel filters? are they ok not be changed till my 20,000 miles is up? and anythin else apart from the oil that really should be changed?

Thanks for any help

loll at my grammer in the title..should be advice stupid me

phil miller
23-08-2010, 12:03 AM
hi mate a couple of things, first off if there arnt any codes then it will make it harder to fix, but IMHO 20,000 miles is a long time between filter changes, im of the old school of thought ie you wont do any harm changing the filters at say 10,000 miles, i serviced my golf yesterday and i think it pulls better now than it did on friday, and its not in my head either lol, let me put it this way you wont harm your car by servicing it now, you may find that it goes like it use to, hope this helps mate

Crackman 619
23-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks mate

I was thinking that too i mean i know the oil will last 20k miles but i didnt know whether the filters and other things would that normally get changed on a service..im useless with the spanner so looks like its to the mechanic we go

DSG4ME
23-08-2010, 12:54 AM
A dirty air and fuel filter normally causes slowdown.

Crackman 619
23-08-2010, 02:20 PM
A dirty air and fuel filter normally causes slowdown.

So would you recommend changind them first? and will it effect my actual service? like will they change it again and give me the service stamp? or will they not cuz its already been done?

Thanks alot though think ill do that.

james_tiger_woo
23-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Apart from the service and filters above - I'd check the MAF sensor (Air mass meter) - it sounds not unlike a problem I've had in other cars.

To be completely sure and to test it, you could just remove it temporarily to see if that makes any difference.

Crackman 619
23-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Err mate your asking someone whos useless with a spanner lol..I dont even know what it looks like let alone where it is. Think what ill do is take all the recommendations and get a mechanic to sort it out for me.

james_tiger_woo
23-08-2010, 02:33 PM
No worries - I wouldn't either - but if you get the car serviced and the problem's not fixed, that would be where I'd look first.

Crackman 619
23-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea true..my service is due for another 5300 miles its done 14k since the last one..think ill sort out the filters and see if there is any difference if not ill get the MAF done.

One advantage is because i have no power i get pretty good mpg lol

martin1810
23-08-2010, 07:25 PM
If you get someone to scan the engine measuring blocks using VCDS, that should show up a MAF fault. As long as the user knows how to read the scan.

Crackman 619
23-08-2010, 11:46 PM
If you get someone to scan the engine measuring blocks using VCDS, that should show up a MAF fault. As long as the user knows how to read the scan.

Is that the most likely cause of my problem do you think?

DSG4ME
24-08-2010, 01:18 AM
What miles is it on? do the fuel and air ones if you haven't had new ones in the last 40k if it's still like it after, I'd be looking at the MAF as well.I'm also wondering if your egr valve might be sooted up, after that I guess you're looking at a possible turbo fault or an injector, have all the pipes checked around the turbo, one small hole and this will throw it all out.

So, what you need to do is this, today buy a tin of injector cleaner and put it in the tank, then replace the air filter and oil and filter along with the fuel and pollen ones after you've done the fuel the cleaner went into, if it's still no better it's going to be mechanical, but at least you will have new filters to keep it running right

ajweekes
24-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I had a similar problem to you. Mine had done 65K miles, no power and also juddered when cold. It had a full VW service history so went back through all the receipts and it turns out the air and fuel filters had never been changed.

Did it myself, cost about £40 if I remember and 10 mins to do. What a difference, mpg increased as well. Do this first!

yus786
24-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Does anyone have a guide to change the Air and Fuel filter?

sorry to high jack thread OP

patomlin76
24-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have a guide to change the Air and Fuel filter?

sorry to high jack thread OP

This thread may help you...
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=86889&highlight=air+filter

hamadabo
24-08-2010, 08:55 PM
i need help
i have golf 4 1.6 auto 1999
i bought this car and the oil lamp is red with voice and come every time when i move slowly and service said to me this is depression oil and i changed that and i steel have the same voice and makes me feel bad and i dont know what can i do and where i go ?????? please help me and sorry about my english hope to understand me
thank u .

fat controller
24-08-2010, 09:49 PM
i need help
i have golf 4 1.6 auto 1999
i bought this car and the oil lamp is red with voice and come every time when i move slowly and service said to me this is depression oil and i changed that and i steel have the same voice and makes me feel bad and i dont know what can i do and where i go ?????? please help me and sorry about my english hope to understand me
thank u .

Was it the transmission (also called gearbox oil or ATF) that you changed?

Crackman 619
24-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks everyone.

Cars done 104,810 miles last serviced at 91k.

I mean if the filters should be changed every 10k miles then VW should state that for LL users and get the oil done every 20k because someone like me whos not gifted with car knowledge would have no clue otherwise.

Think ill check service book for we it was done last...

DSG4ME
24-08-2010, 11:23 PM
Here yus786.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=104367

&

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=104366

hamadabo
25-08-2010, 06:37 AM
thank u mate for ur replay .....
no I didnt change atf oil..... i changed engine oil and filter about 2 weeks ago and i changed swich and i understand no thing change with this oil and in the last i changed pressure oil and still have this alarm voice ......

fat controller
25-08-2010, 09:16 AM
thank u mate for ur replay .....
no I didnt change atf oil..... i changed engine oil and filter about 2 weeks ago and i changed swich and i understand no thing change with this oil and in the last i changed pressure oil and still have this alarm voice ......

Could be one of a number of things, but I would only be making wild guesses - to be honest you need advice from someone that knows more than I do.

Make a new thread in the Golf Section (Click Here (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=173)), and hopefully someone will be able to help you.

Good luck :)