PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag Light Leon

john1968
12-06-2007, 08:17 PM
:confused: ive just had car back from dealers diag test for my air bag light found n/s/f air bag resistance in circuit harness check ok sporadic fault in n/s/f air bag unit requires new part £759.83inc yep i had to take another look £759.83 any advice is there a sensor i could wiggle or ignor the light or is there any were i can get a unit from and how hard to fit:1zhelp:

Eshrules
13-06-2007, 08:05 AM
:confused: ive just had car back from dealers diag test for my air bag light found n/s/f air bag resistance in circuit harness check ok sporadic fault in n/s/f air bag unit requires new part £759.83inc yep i had to take another look £759.83 any advice is there a sensor i could wiggle or ignor the light or is there any were i can get a unit from and how hard to fit:1zhelp:

ok, first of all, yes, you could just ignore the light but (im unsure about this part) i dont think the airbag will deploy whilst an error is being shown. it is also an instant MOT failure if an airbag light is displayed on the dash.

now, as far as the part is concerned, you dont mention how old the car is? if its less than 5/6 years old, i would approach the dealer in making a contribution towards the cost of the repair, you can but ask. should you get no joy, contact the head office and explain you do not feel this is a fair price for what appears to be such a simple item.

if you got the car from a dealer, depending on how long ago you got it, they could be lible for the cost....

john1968
13-06-2007, 06:19 PM
:biglaugh: HI thanks for reply the car is an 03 4yrs old it passed mot on friday with light on have you got an email address for seats head office pref with directors name thanks http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif