PDA

View Full Version : Service Interval Not Set

JohnVulcan
21-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi, my 105 TDI S has just come back from its first service (at 18,300 miles while still saying 400 miles left) at the local main dealer and while I was pleased enough with the service I thought I'd just check what the service info now said on the Highline display as one forum member said the dealer had reset it to short interval. However Service - Info now displays "Service in --- miles or --- days" ... eh! As this is my first service I don't know if this is right or wrong. Has the dealer forgotton to reset the milage, should I press the Reset option myself, or will it display correctly once I've done a few more miles or perhaps after the 400 remaining miles are used up? As yet I've only driven 6 miles back home from the dealer.

Has anyone any idea what the display should actually show and/or any idea what my current display means please?

Thanks,
John

james_tiger_woo
21-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't worry about it - the interval is based on your driving habits. It'll settle down in a few miles.

HHGTTG
22-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Don't worry about it - the interval is based on your driving habits. It'll settle down in a few miles.
When I had that option set on my last Golf I think it took several hundred miles before it started registering any mileage/time.

JohnVulcan
22-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for your replies guys, that puts my mind to rest. What a good forum this is!

John

Gerryf
22-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm in total agreement about the quality of these forums John :)

I have a decent appreciation of cars in general but I'm on a learning curve re:VW'S and Golf mk6's....thanks to members that make the effort to help and educate us :) :) :)

Thanks guys.