PDA

View Full Version : A bigger octavia?

Ben
12-06-2007, 02:06 PM
This is what this looks like

http://www.in.gr/auto/parousiaseis/foto_big/Skoda_Superb_017.jpg

Sam
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Very nice car, it's actually based on the same platform as the Chinese market Passat.

I was very tempted to go for one when I was car hunting, but I'm ashamed to say I was put off by the badge :(

Things have changed now, my next car will be a Skoda.

Cooperman
15-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Very nice car, it's actually based on the same platform as the Chinese market Passat.

I was very tempted to go for one when I was car hunting, but I'm ashamed to say I was put off by the badge :(

Things have changed now, my next car will be a Skoda.

Hi whilst I find a replacement for my Audi A6 Avant my employer has provided me with the use of a Skoda Superb ..... it is a superb car .. comfortable, spacious and with good acceleration when needed, even got me thinking I should be considering a Skoda instead of another Audi...

My neighbour admired it the other day when it was getting a wash and thought it was an Alfa!!

Cooperman:D

Sam
16-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi whilst I find a replacement for my Audi A6 Avant my employer has provided me with the use of a Skoda Superb ..... it is a superb car .. comfortable, spacious and with good acceleration when needed, even got me thinking I should be considering a Skoda instead of another Audi...

My neighbour admired it the other day when it was getting a wash and thought it was an Alfa!!

I was speaking with a taxi driver about his car (a 1.9TDi Superb) and he claims it's the nicest most efficient and hardy car he's ever had.

His old one (a 53 plate IIRC) had covered 605k before he let it go and his current one (a 55 plate) had just passed 350k.

Externally you'd never know the car had gone so far. I'm more than sold on the idea of a Skoda now.

TSAY
04-05-2008, 06:14 PM

I actually chose a Superb over an A6 after seeing one in the car park of a client - looked in the rear, saw the space, the leather, the sat nav, etc all for 10k less than the A6 and that was that.

At that time it was also a shared platform and engines as the Audi so what was the point of paying 10k for a badge?

6 years on and 2 Superbs bought both from new and sold after 60k miles each, the benefit to the wallet has been substantial plus the sheer joy of driving the Superb has made it all the more worthwhile.

greg123
16-07-2008, 09:28 AM
It's a very nice car.

Not like an Octavia at all (looks a touch like it at the front I know) as said it's the Passat/A4/A6 platform.

There are some differences to the A6, in the A6 you have a wider and larger front seat area and a number of 'little' things such as dual zone climate, you can get double glazed glass, a huge range of seats and trim - less options in the Superb. Also you can't get an estate in a Superb.

Also I did some research on crash testing and there are issues with the Superb's shell, it's lengthened by 4 inches and it appears by literally welding in a piece to a passat shell, it makes the shell weak around the B piller and NCAP said it was structurally weak, it visably kinks across the roof in the front end test - none of the other passat platforms did this. Other than that, I would imagine the body is as good as any of the others.

I have a customer with a black 2003 superb with full cream leather on a 130PD. It's a VERY nice car.

Greg.

I actually chose a Superb over an A6 after seeing one in the car park of a client - looked in the rear, saw the space, the leather, the sat nav, etc all for 10k less than the A6 and that was that.

At that time it was also a shared platform and engines as the Audi so what was the point of paying 10k for a badge?

6 years on and 2 Superbs bought both from new and sold after 60k miles each, the benefit to the wallet has been substantial plus the sheer joy of driving the Superb has made it all the more worthwhile.

TSAY
17-07-2008, 10:49 PM
It's a very nice car.

Not like an Octavia at all (looks a touch like it at the front I know) as said it's the Passat/A4/A6 platform.

There are some differences to the A6, in the A6 you have a wider and larger front seat area and a number of 'little' things such as dual zone climate, you can get double glazed glass, a huge range of seats and trim - less options in the Superb. Also you can't get an estate in a Superb.

Also I did some research on crash testing and there are issues with the Superb's shell, it's lengthened by 4 inches and it appears by literally welding in a piece to a passat shell, it makes the shell weak around the B piller and NCAP said it was structurally weak, it visably kinks across the roof in the front end test - none of the other passat platforms did this. Other than that, I would imagine the body is as good as any of the others.

I have a customer with a black 2003 superb with full cream leather on a 130PD. It's a VERY nice car.

Greg.

Must admit I've now changed back to a VW again (been driving VAG for 13 years now, 2 Golfs, Bora, Passat and the 2 Superbs.

Current car is now one of these....

I have to say it's the most sublime care I've ever driven. Both my father and father-in-law have been confirmed Merc drivers for many years. This beats any Merc I've been in. And far better value (even taking into account the depreciation).

Understated, quality engineering, different from the rest of the crowd of BMWs/Audis/Mercs. :D