PDA

View Full Version : Butchered mini cooper s

Mark05
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Hello all,

Just came across one of the worst Mini's I've ever clapped eyes on!
I used to own a cooper s and I thought it looked very good the way it was, this one has been "improved" cost a bloody fortune too....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIDE-ARCH-MINI-COOPER-S-209bhp-ONE-OF-A-KIND_W0QQitemZ220118238666QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38708 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Am I alone in thinking that is awful?? Why would any one want to spend £20k doing that to a (already good) car? Great spelling on there too...
Anyway, would be interested in your thoughts...

TTFN

Mark

Sam
12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
It's hideous.

It looks as though someone has painted the car with matt emulsion :(

There's a very good reason why its one of a kind too. Poor car

Eshrules
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
i think that could have been quite a good looking car... had he stopped when he ought to have done. the frenched rear lights look cheap, those god awful tail pipes do not suit the car and certainly dont have a place on britains roads, as for the paint, dear oh dear.

and hes said a reserve on it..... silly boy, hed have more chance of selling it after taking all the stupid lego bricks off.

Ben
12-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Vomit on wheels if you ask me. I have never understood why someone would pay £x for a car then a further 10-20k on it. Why not use the money and buy a better car in the 1st place?

The Muts Nuts
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
I want the guys address, i wanna make sure he NEVER b**tardises another car ever again! Whats his problem, is he French?

MalcQV
13-06-2007, 10:41 AM
I don't have a problem with people doing this stuff for themselves. I guess although I do not like it at all, it is kind of unique.

As a kid I customised my car, in a fashion :p (though not with that kind of money).

Sad thing is although no-one in the right mind buys a car to make money, even with the low(ish) depreciation on Mini's I can't see him/her getting anything like near what they have spent.

Though if it floats you boat.....

Archroy
13-06-2007, 11:55 AM
I see the car is in lowestoft, suffolk. That explains a lot, I've been there (unfortunately) !