PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry bluetooth

richiemac
18-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, can anyone tell me if a blackberry will pair with premium bluetooth kit ? When i search for phones, the blackberry asks for 16 digit code from the mfd.....but nothing is displayed on the mfd ? If i try it with a nokia 6700, the code is displayed ? So the blackberry see's the kit but cant get it to pair ???? Sure this is an old question but i need help :aargh4:

ToMBoY_C
18-08-2010, 01:20 PM
How do you pair the iPhone up? Anyone? :D

DSG4ME
18-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Have you both got the Chinese lookalike unit?

For pairing up, there should be an options page in the radio unit where you pump a number into.

richiemac
18-08-2010, 02:39 PM
No , i'm pairing up for a mate who has the premium bluetooth vw kit.......:confused:

Teflon
18-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Okay, answers to two questions in one post...........

iPhone - you don't pair it. It doesn't work with the Premium Bluetooth Kit.

Blackberry - some (but very few) Blackberry phones will work, depending upon model number and firmware version. It's hit and miss. Some people have had success by putting their SIM in a Nokia and getting the car to recognise it, then transferring back into the BB. Blackberry can't be bothered to answer e-mails with a request for which models work and which don't. I've tried several without success. Do a search of the forum for "Blackberry Bluetooth" and you will find quite a few tales of woe.

One other tip. You can't get a pairing phone to car. It has to be the car looking for the phone. Also, the kit will only pair with a maximum of 3 phones, but it doesn't tell you when you try a 4th. Look for how many phones are paired, and delete one if you have to.

Only phones that do work are Nokia (most, but not all), HTC (very few, depends on phone and firmware) and Blackberry (same issues as HTC). If you have an iPhone, you are stuffed.