PDA

View Full Version : air bag warning module help

steven339
17-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi I am a complete novice but ill try to explain this problem I am having hoping these are some Audi geniuses out these who may be able to help.

I have recently bought a 51plate 1.8T Audi a4. The air bag warning light has been on since I acquired this vehicle 2 months ago. This is registered as a Cat D.

I have had the codes read by a local garage who advised they have spoken to audi and they have advised me to replaced the module which you know is not cheap.

The fault codes are
01218 fried air bag igniter upper limit reached pass side n200.
01217 fried air bag igniter upper limit reached n199.
0003 control module malfunction.

I have been advised that I need to replace the module? If I do will this fix the problem? And will it have to be re-coded?

Also I have been advised that there are company’s out there that can reset my existing module?

Last but not least I need to obtain the correct part number from the existing module I have heard this is located behind the centre console and the radio will have to come out is this correct?

Thanks again for anybody that can offer any advice on any of the above its greatly appreciated.

Steve

Sam
20-08-2010, 08:38 AM
Is this airbag in your computer?

steven339
25-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi ive had the module replaced now but i have been told i will have to have it reprogrammed and only audi or somebody with Access to VAG can do this.

Does anybody know if this is correct

Ben
26-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Is this airbag in your computer?
<rubs chin and ponders> i think it maybe something to do with an iphone app??? I don't have an iphone myself so would't be qualified to comment further.

Surely though, if this were a problem with his car he would of posted in the correct vehicle specific section? I wonder if he would like it moving?

Eshrules
26-08-2010, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't bother moving it, hell, why bother even replying, he's clearly not reading anything in this thread.

steven339
26-08-2010, 08:55 AM
opps yeah please move if poss

thanks