PDA

View Full Version : Bora - Loose Air con unit?

Jugga
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM
i have a 2001 Bora, after turning on the AC yesterday after a long time, the unit made a distinct vibrating noise and a slight juddering.
After this, when i would brake harder i could hear a clicking or a slight knocking from the front of the car, pretty sure its the AC, is the unit loose? can they easily come off?
Anyone else experienced this?

frankieboy
12-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Mine makes a hell of a racket. I'd like to take it out and put it back in with some foam to see if it helps...

pass&golf_tdi
13-06-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a passat 2001 tdi and I can hear a rattling /vibrating noise coming from behind the passenger glove box, normally can only be heard under hard braking conditions. Pretty sure it is the AC evaporator unit, somethings become loose. Anyone know if it is possible to get to the evaporator without having to take the whole dash off:confused:

frankieboy
25-06-2007, 08:18 PM
How do you take out the manual air con unit? I would like to secure it better to stop the creaking....

adamss24
25-06-2007, 09:50 PM
How do you take out the manual air con unit? I would like to secure it better to stop the creaking....
Dont do it mate, slight juddering its perfect normal when the compressor's clutch engages, robbing power from the engine and occasionally, when the engine is driven hard, overtaking , it will briefly disconect/turn off the A/C to give you the extra power the engine needs. If its a continuous noise/juddering when idling, then the clutch bearing may be deffective and will need looking at. Hope this helps.

Jugga
25-06-2007, 10:41 PM
i was getting that slight juddering aswell, its stil ther afterwards but not as pronounced, i was pretty sure it was to 2 with the AC drive clutch, i dnt kno y this has a caused the unit 2 become loose tho

frankieboy
26-06-2007, 12:02 AM
No the noise is coming from the dash! Around the central console area! I think it needs securing....