PDA

View Full Version : A4 b6 1.9tdi 131hp 2003 Multitronic issues

Audidua
15-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, after I didn't found similar problem posting on this forum I've decided to share a few things with forum members. I had a problem with juddering on 1400-1500rpm and first action was fitting a 7-plate clutch. Then, after 3 months judder started again. I went to the same garage and they replaced a body valve with used one and judder stoped. After 6 months juddering started again but I didnt care and continue to drive till this July 15th 2010. when I went to other mechanic to fix the problem. He changed the main part in transmision (dont know its name) and put a new chain and new gearbox oil. Now all is ok, no juddering but July 25th when I was traveling from vacation on a motorway, driving about 140kph PRND was all lit in red. I tried to shift gears in tiptronic and all went fine, just PRND continues to lit for a 1-2 minutes, no flash just lit. Then put back to D and lit was gone, D was selected as it should be. After 45 minutes stopped on gas station, no trace of any problem with gearbox. Then, after 10 minutes of driving it goes again, PRND all lit and stays that way for a 5 minutes and then again goes to normal. After I arrived home nothing similar is happened, all is OK. Is that a sign that gearbox ECU is fault or something is wrong with instalaltion or some contacts? Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Croatia, hope you understood my text.

SAJ4D
16-08-2010, 12:49 AM
well it could be your ecu is at fault. If the PRND has flashed like that it will have stored an error code so I would suggest that you get that read before proceeding....

Audidua
16-08-2010, 09:01 AM
I forgott to mention that few days ago I went to my friends service and he connected VAG com because of other reasons (I left lights on overnight and batterie lost power) and none of faults are shown. Could it be a bad electrical contact caused by dismantling gearbox a month ago? I've noticed that PRND lit when car ran on slight bumps on motorway.