PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking for help

diviy
11-06-2007, 11:55 PM
looking at getting a coupe any info what to check enigine and body wise seen a few v6 for sale what they like to insure and mpg common faults how good are the autos currenlty got a old polo(daughter having that t25 camper and a mazda but need a comfy car for back and for to work major back problem need a comfy car for work polo killing me i work in a national motor factors so parts are not a problem based in swansea south wales any advice please

Audi Eire
12-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Can't offer much assistance but have j ust purchased Type II V6 Quattro! It seems very nice to drive. Also drive an 06 A6 Dsl and Quattro seats seem just as good! Suspension is harder but is not modified. Petrol consumption is obviously fairly high but is not as bad as I expected. Will be bringing it for a 150 mile trip at the weekend and will give you exact details after that. Other thing I noticed before buying was that some of the 2.2 and 2.3 seem to give turbo trouble. V6 has none. Good luck with it!!:D

Audi Eire
20-06-2007, 03:52 PM
As Promised brought the Quattro for a decent run at the week-end 250 miles intotal of mixed driving. Overall reteun was 23 MPG.

cleggn
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi there,

I've got a manual '94 Coupe 2.6 V6 and I'm getting just over 30 mpg from it. It's smooth, powerful and comfortable - a pleasure to drive.

I've just had an issue with water leaking into the boot via the rear light cluster seals - might want to check that the floor under the boot storage container (righthand) and spare wheel (lefthand) are dry.

Regards

cleggn

catgroom
16-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Ive got an ultra rare Lime Pastel coloured 2.6 V6 with manual box.Yep,my rear lights leak too,but Im used to that having a Volvo 480 Turbo too!!LOL

I second what Cleggn said.Smooth,comfy,good on fuel for a 2.6 V6,very!These arent particularly quick though,but go well over 4000 rpm.I would have bought an Auto if this wasnt such a good buy though.
Clutch on mine bites at top and wont be that cheap unless I do it!!
Parts for routine servicing are very cheap from GSF etc....

Basically mate,get one with loads of history and go for it!Insurance is Group 17 but for me was cheap at around £320 comp.

A hell of a lot of quality at todays prices.These cars were 30k new!

Good Luck.

Steve

ps Go for an S2 if you can!!:o

thrastra
14-08-2007, 07:11 PM
hi just joined this forum. i have a 1994 2.6e coupe it has just done a little over 182000 mile and is going strong but had a few faults along the way, engines are very good but i have had problem with power steering pumps leaking, and i have had an oil leak from the oil cooler housing, but other than that if is really good. i get about 28miles gallon going to work and back on a 12 mile run. all i would say, is try and find one with the lowest milage as poss.
i hope you find a nice one and enjoy it as much as i do