PDA

View Full Version : Electronic noice as I open the door ('99 Bora) .... ?

ash
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Hi all

When I unlock the door of my Bora and open the door I get an electronic kind of noise happen ... not long noticed this before .... is it supposed to do this or is something amiss ... :confused:

Thanks for any help!

Ben
11-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Could there be a break in a wire in the loom that feeds in to the door? When the door is closed all electric equipment works ok but when you open the door the contact breaks and then reconnects its self?

Maybe a lazy central locking solenoid moving slowly?

Just a thought. Maybe way off the mark.

ash
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
No idea, All the electrics work just fine. I thought it was some sort of engine reset thing maybe. I ride a Buell STT and when you turn that on it does all sorts of management checks etc before it starts .. but probably not!

Only does it if I unlock it ... if I shut the door, drive it then get out, and get back in etc it doesnt do it, only if I unlock it .. that might be the central locking solenoid

ash
12-06-2007, 05:59 PM
DId a few tests on this today, I unlocked it and it doesnt do it with any open door except the drivers door ... where would the solenoid be for this so I can see if its faulty (not that I even know what I will be looking at!)

Sam
12-06-2007, 06:46 PM
It's your fuel pump priming and it's perfectly normal.

ash
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Ah great stuff, thanks for that :beerchug: