PDA

View Full Version : Buyin used A4 couple of questions please

A6SE
12-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Hi all

I'm buying a used A4 2003 (52 plate) TDi 100 SE - Couple of questions, one or two of the radio buttons seem to be worn/peeled paint to show the white plastic. Can these be painted, if so does anyone suggest something that will give a similar finish? Would it be replaced under warranty from AUDI (I doubt it but it doesnt hurt to ask:o)

Secondly, will the spare 6 cd boot changer I have from my A6 fit in the A4's boot? or more importantly will the A4 head unit control the changer?

Can the A4 have the security locking activated like on my A6 (locks when driving away).

Thanks to anyone who cares to look and reply.

Regards
Paul

fourringsrus
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I cared to look and reply ,but sorry I don't know the answers,good luck buddy

richie_jones
12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi all

I'm buying a used A4 2003 (52 plate) TDi 100 SE - Couple of questions, one or two of the radio buttons seem to be worn/peeled paint to show the white plastic. Can these be painted, if so does anyone suggest something that will give a similar finish? Would it be replaced under warranty from AUDI (I doubt it but it doesnt hurt to ask:o)

Secondly, will the spare 6 cd boot changer I have from my A6 fit in the A4's boot? or more importantly will the A4 head unit control the changer?

Can the A4 have the security locking activated like on my A6 (locks when driving away).

Thanks to anyone who cares to look and reply.

Regards
Paul

I doubt you`ll have trouble painting plastic i`d used the small model paints you use to paint model airplanes, unless your buying from an audi dealer with a warrenty, your warrenty has long gone.
I think the A4 changer is in usually housed in the glove box.
The A4 can easily be programmed to lock at 15mph with the use of a cheap lead from ebay. Theres loads of guides on this site and its pretty straight forward...
hope this helps

Issac Hunt
12-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Warranty on an 8 year old car stereo? A joke surely?! As above, you can paint'em but it wont look 100%. Fit a good seconhand unit if you want the car to be perfect.

A4 changer lives in glovebox, depending what year/model/part number the A6 changer is you MIGHT be able to fit to the A4. Far easier to get hold of an A4 one though, usually a few on Ebay.

Anyone with VCDS (or an Audi dealer) can set the auto-locking feature for you.

A6SE
12-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Warranty on an 8 year old car stereo? A joke surely?! As above, you can paint'em but it wont look 100%. Fit a good seconhand unit if you want the car to be perfect.

A4 changer lives in glovebox, depending what year/model/part number the A6 changer is you MIGHT be able to fit to the A4. Far easier to get hold of an A4 one though, usually a few on Ebay.

Anyone with VCDS (or an Audi dealer) can set the auto-locking feature for you.

I though I might be pushin the warranty comment a bit :biglaugh: thanks to everyone for the answers

Paul