PDA

View Full Version : Which one should i think of buying ???

dave18
11-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Hey peeps want your opinions,

Looking at two Avants both ones a A6 ( 95 N reg) the other an A4 ( 96 N reg) Both seem to have had similar history reguards service , the spec of them is

A4
1.9 110 TDi SE Man. Red Seems in good con through out thats at £1000

A6
2.0 Petrol SE Man , Dark Blue Again seems in ok apart from a ding to the NSF wheel arch this one is up for £700

Which would you seriously look at and why and any opinions on any thing i should check real close,

Unfortulantly i work offshore so cant test drive or see in person either till i get home, The Mrs will proberbly have a final say as she will be driving it too and she is more for looks . Im feeling the A6 as it looks a tad more meaty than the rounded A4 and i have been told the A6 is more spacious, So come on peeps help me out here .

RickT
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I would go for the a4 1.9tdi rather than the A6 2.0 petrol, - the 2.0 petrol will feel slow in the A6.

Thanks

fourringsrus
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM
As above really.
Although the A6 is a larger more spacious avant, it is also heavier and therefore juicy at the pumps and the non turbo 2.0 petrol was never known for its' performance.
The A4 with the TDI on the other hand will feel quite quick being turbocharged and probably fetch you around 50 plus mpg.
So long as the service book shows all the right things ,ie cam belt,water pump ,tensioners etc have been changed at the correct intervals and the cars check out to be as described etc then it is a matter of personal choice, but I and I'm sure many others would suggest that the A4 would be the better bet.
Another thing worth considering might be its' resale value when you are finished with it and again I would expect the A4 wins again

Good luck fella

Stuart