PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Immobiliser Active!

johnnypbristol
11-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I have a 2006, 56 Plate VW Jetta 2.0 TDI. Its completed 77K and had been running like an absolute dream.
However, I stopped for an indian takeaway last tues and locked the car by remote as usual returning within 30 mins. The car unlocked as normal and all was fine until i tried to start it.
It ran for 2 seconds before stopping, it now displayes the flashing yellow car and lock symbol and gives a warning message - Immobiliser Active.

Its now in A VW main dealer whom have today told me that the instrument cluster is the problem and it will be well over £400 not to mention VAT and fitting to get the car running again.

Does anyone know if this is a known fault? I know it is with other makes of car.
I'm just outside the warranty period but it has been VW serviced throughout, i'm having to fight like mad to get the dealer to even consider the 'goodwill' payment policy.
Does anyone know what my chances might be with this.
They dont know when a new cluster will arrive and i'm now skint from paying for a hire car not to mmention we should have used my car to drive to south of france on the weekend for family holiday which again - no chance i can now afford that!

Any advice greatfully recieved,

John

shark_90
11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Sounds very odd to me. It's a shame you're so far away as I'd like to take a look at that. Instrument clusters aren't known to go wrong with this model like they did on the older ones.

johnnypbristol
12-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Believe me, if i could have managed to get the car to Mansfield I'd be happy to give you my custom.
VW isn't demonstrating particuarly good customer service at the moment and I'm not entirely sure they know whats wrong other than hoping a new instrument cluster will solve it all!