PDA

View Full Version : Considering Passat CC - Boot/golf clubs query

JOEG7406
11-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I am currently considering switching my current company car (Mondeo Titanium X) for either a Passat CC 2.0 GT 170 or a Mazda 6 sport 2.0 Diesel. The Passat is my clear favourite however as I am a keen golfer and I use an electric trolley I was wondering if any Passat CC owners could share their thoughts on the vehicle as golf kit lugger. I am able to fit my clubs in width ways currently in the mondeo and still store all my work kit in the boot behind them. As the Mondeo and Mazda 6 are hatchbacks loading and gainng access to the boot without removing my clubs is not an issue. I load my car with my trolley only when I am actually going golfing and my clubs are left in there all the time. Your input and any images of clubs in the boot would be greatly welcomed.

Joe

thax1
12-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is the best bet, just take all your golf stuff with you and try and fit it in. They're amazingly helpful if you don't mention that you're looking for a company car.:D

Incidentally a mate told me that his total test of a Toyota peoplecarrier was checking that the pram fitted in the boot. Couldn't bring himself to bother actually driving the thing... said it would be too depressing :D.
( I believe his wife is perfectly happy with the car, in case toyota employees are reading...)

JOEG7406
15-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a trip to the dealer is the best bet, just take all your golf stuff with you and try and fit it in. They're amazingly helpful if you don't mention that you're looking for a company car.:D

Incidentally a mate told me that his total test of a Toyota peoplecarrier was checking that the pram fitted in the boot. Couldn't bring himself to bother actually driving the thing... said it would be too depressing :D.
( I believe his wife is perfectly happy with the car, in case toyota employees are reading...)

Thanks for this. I aim to do this however I thought the owners might have had some input to share. I presume no Passat CC drivers on this forum play golf. That speaks volumes and possibly provides the answer to my original question that I did not want to hear.

Joe

eob
16-08-2010, 11:24 AM
I can fit my clubs in diagonally. There is a recess at the rear on the drivers side which has a cubby at the bottom for odds and sods. The recess allows the driver, 3 wood and rescue clubs to remain in the bag.
There is a big area between the back of the rear seats and the bag which I put my trolley. There is then another similar sized shape between the rear boot area and the bag.

Hope this helps.

JOEG7406
16-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I can fit my clubs in diagonally. There is a recess at the rear on the drivers side which has a cubby at the bottom for odds and sods. The recess allows the driver, 3 wood and rescue clubs to remain in the bag.
There is a big area between the back of the rear seats and the bag which I put my trolley. There is then another similar sized shape between the rear boot area and the bag.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. This is the kind of info that I have been after. I am a little dissapointed that a car of this length and width should provide any kind of concern over boot space. Can you still access your boot easily when your clubs are in there? Or do you only have them in the boot when you are physically oing to the course?

Joe

eob
16-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks for this. This is the kind of info that I have been after. I am a little dissapointed that a car of this length and width should provide any kind of concern over boot space. Can you still access your boot easily when your clubs are in there? Or do you only have them in the boot when you are physically oing to the course?

Joe

The clubs live in there most of the year, we have a Zafira for lugging the kids and stuff about.

There is plenty of room left over, I generally have a lot of work junk in there and a bag when I'm working away.

I've had the kids double buggy in there on occasion (after removing the clubs), my only critisism about the boot is the light which is puny. The yanks have dealt with this problem and I intend to give this a shot once I've got a spare minute.
VWVortexForum (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4726996-What-did-you-do-today-to-your-CC&p=66953234&viewfull=1#post66953234)

BTW, lugging the clubs around all the time does make a noticibe dent in the MPG figures.

gamichea
16-08-2010, 01:44 PM
BTW, lugging the clubs around all the time does make a noticibe dent in the MPG figures.

Aah, that explains 44.9.

Thanks for the Vortex link for the boot light.