PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Passat now on the road.

dubvrs
10-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Well after 3 weeks of work my Passat is on the road :D

I purchased a Passat b6 from my friends garage that had a couple of issues and being petrol he had no interested buyers.

Spec is.

2005 55 plate SEL 2.0 T FSI and 2 previous owners with VW being the first.
Also had multi function steering wheel and premium bluetooth hands free kit.

88k miles and exterior has a couple of dents the normal stone chips and a number of light scratch's

Interior is mint apart from slight wear to the leather on the drivers bolster.

Total price with a service and 6 months waranty £4500 :approve:

All work required to sort out have been done under the waranty.

List of jobs done

4x coil packs.
1x ignition as sometimes not reading the key.
1x steering column.
1x convenience module.

At the moment runs spot on.

Called in a favour and getting the windows tinted as per sport for free in a week or two.

Apex -40mm springs ordered at cost due to friend owning a performance car parts store.

Added can error free sidelights but bringing up errors so got to look into that.

Pictures once i have fitted the springs and had the windows done. Spent 2 days cleaning up the paintwork but will machine polish it when i get time. Still got 2 golf mk2's to finish first :biglaugh:

Aaftab
11-08-2010, 09:52 AM
What side lights did you get? Are they led and what colour please.

Well after 3 weeks of work my Passat is on the road :D

I purchased a Passat b6 from my friends garage that had a couple of issues and being petrol he had no interested buyers.

Spec is.

2005 55 plate SEL 2.0 T FSI and 2 previous owners with VW being the first.
Also had multi function steering wheel and premium bluetooth hands free kit.

88k miles and exterior has a couple of dents the normal stone chips and a number of light scratch's

Interior is mint apart from slight wear to the leather on the drivers bolster.

Total price with a service and 6 months waranty £4500 :approve:

All work required to sort out have been done under the waranty.

List of jobs done

4x coil packs.
1x ignition as sometimes not reading the key.
1x steering column.
1x convenience module.

At the moment runs spot on.

Called in a favour and getting the windows tinted as per sport for free in a week or two.

Apex -40mm springs ordered at cost due to friend owning a performance car parts store.

Added can error free sidelights but bringing up errors so got to look into that.

Pictures once i have fitted the springs and had the windows done. Spent 2 days cleaning up the paintwork but will machine polish it when i get time. Still got 2 golf mk2's to finish first :biglaugh:

dubvrs
12-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Purchased these.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330449108757&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

patomlin76
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the car... I see with the work you've had done you were lucky to have it all done under warranty - that would have been a huge sum! I had a coil pack replaced the day after I picked the car up. On the first drive back home one coil failed... luckily the car didn't turn out to be a lemon, and it's still going strong now.

dubvrs
13-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Getting there with it now.

Found the bulb holder for the passenger side light needed the contacts adjusting so no can errors now :D.

Done a 100 miles or so in it and finding new jobs to do. Front discs are warped so added them to the list.

Have to see if my springs have come in as well.

dubvrs
15-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Springs should be coming tuesday direct from holland as no uk stock.

Got to wait 4 weeks to get my windows tinted as he has loads of new cars to do before the new reg.

Spent a bit of time cleaning it today

Edit for a proper pic from the pub today lol.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4897630996_d386c40a49_b.jpg