PDA

View Full Version : Loan Car - A4 2.0 TDI SE

Bristle Hound
10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
My car was in for a coolant hose recall yesterday.

The loan car was a 3000 mike 10 plate metallic black A4 2.0 143 TDI SE.

First impressions, very disappointing.

Bearing in mind I had a 140 TD! B7 A4 for 3 1/2 years.

First off. The interior was a big let down after my s Line. The diesel is not much more refined that the engine in my B7.

Its probably down to the fact that I'm now used to a petrol. So smooth and quiet!

Performance - flat, but I would expect that as its conceeding nearly 70bhp

Economy on a similar run in my car around 34mpg in the diesel 46mpg. Not as much difference as I thought.

Oh and bloody stop/start. I HATE IT! I'm really pleased my car hasn't got it & I did miss the hill hold on the loaner.

Wish mine had the PDC tho'. Its a bitch to guess the length of the car when reversing!

Don't get me wrong its still a good car, but not for me. I suppose I've been spoilt by my petrol s line!

Each to their own I suppose,

As one of the few on here that spends his own money on a car and not a conpanys money, I'd spend my money on a petrol s line any day!

(Waits for the flack!!! :D)

Sportwag
10-08-2010, 11:55 PM
After 11 months and 11,000 miles of 143bhp S-Line ownership.....

For a diesel the engine is FAIRLY quiet however I find the suppression of road noise in not that good (sides of car seem worst of all). If parked and using the phone on handsfree, I have to turn the volume right down so that the conversation is not relayed (clearly) outside the car.

Fuel consumption nothing special - averaging just under 40mpg after 11,000 miles (and this is a manual).

Wear and tear wise this is the best so far - no obvious signs of wear and tear (still looks virtually showroom fresh after good clean). Alloys seem prone to light chipping but apart from that nothing major.

On my second litre of 5w-30 @ £16 per litre :bigeyes:

I do still like the car though (prefer the lines of the Avant over the saloon esp now with A4s a much more common sight on our roads).

rd1
16-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Bristlehound,
whats this post actually about, apart from running down a car that you don't like nor purchased.Of course you prefer the petrol sline thats why you bought it and not the SE TDI.

I also bought my own car and I actually selected the SE TDI as believe it or not I didn't like a number of things on the sline and thought that the SE was way out front.
Lets be positive and stop running down things that we didn't buy anyway!

fourringsrus
16-08-2010, 09:02 PM
Maybe the OP was just highlighting a few things for the rest of us,just for the sake of conversation rather than just running down a model that he never bought

kodkod.84
17-08-2010, 01:05 PM
I had the B8 S-Line TDI as a loaner when my turbo in the B7 was shot- this also had the stop start but I believe you can turn this off via a button next to the gear stick.

I wasn't too disappointed with the performance and wondered what variant 2.0TDI it had, and when I was told it was the 120ps I was a bit shocked as it felt just as quick as my 140ps Golf.

But agree with OP the S-Line does have the edge over the SE interior wise- the split cloth/leather seats are brilliant and I prefer them over the whole leather I have in the B7.