PDA

View Full Version : engine remap for my golf gt tdi 130 (2003)

peza82
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
H i was just wanting a bit of advice before i look at getting a remap.
First of all is there a high risk that remapping my car will cause problems? i have noticed people saying that i may need a new clutch and flywheel to cope with the increase in power. my cars only done 60,000 miles but im not sure when it had a clutch change if it has had one :confused:.
also iv seen that i can map mine to around 170bhp, will i need to uprate any part of the car like suspension, brakes. and also will it be ripping my tyres to shreads, ha,
just really wanted to make sure its a good idea before going ahead with it.
cheers

EDIT--

also if someone has the same engine and has remap that would be great to hear if you suggest it to be done.
any problems, issues, thanks

peza82
19-08-2010, 04:21 PM
bump :biglaugh:

Aptuning
20-08-2010, 04:02 PM
H i was just wanting a bit of advice before i look at getting a remap.
First of all is there a high risk that remapping my car will cause problems? i have noticed people saying that i may need a new clutch and flywheel to cope with the increase in power. my cars only done 60,000 miles but im not sure when it had a clutch change if it has had one :confused:.
also iv seen that i can map mine to around 170bhp, will i need to uprate any part of the car like suspension, brakes. and also will it be ripping my tyres to shreads, ha,
just really wanted to make sure its a good idea before going ahead with it.
cheers

EDIT--

also if someone has the same engine and has remap that would be great to hear if you suggest it to be done.
any problems, issues, thanks

Hi there, Normally the clutch should be fine at 60K, most TDI's that I have remapped have only been suffering with like 80K and higher miles on the clutch.
Things like suspension are not needed when remapping although are well worth doing, the brakes should be up to taking the extra power no problem but it's still worth checking them over and maybe putting new fluid through the lines as so many people do neglect the brake fluid.
I have remapped so many TDI's now and most of them reach around the 170bhp mark although a few have managed to get slightly higher bhp.
A worth while investment is a bigger Intercooler and if you haven't done it already, a full service including the FUEL filter (they do get clogged).
If I can be of further help then call me on 07930410102 and i'll be happy to assist.