PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Passat CC - Sat Nav RNS 310

cullinp
07-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi all, ordered my Candy White GT today..........just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of one with the RNS310 sat nav in and what their thoughts on the system were?

Lease company have told me to expect delivery end October so not too long to wait!
:D

johnloaderuk
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi all, ordered my Candy White GT today..........just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of one with the RNS310 sat nav in and what their thoughts on the system were?

Lease company have told me to expect delivery end October so not too long to wait!
:D

I have the RNS310 in my Passat B6. It's OK at best, the traffic feature is useful, but my trusty TomTom will find places the RNS310 won't.
It's nice not have wires trailing over the dash, and the voice quality is far better than TomTom, plus you also get the directions on the MFD between the dials. For quicker calculations you will need to copy the contents of the nav CD to a SD memory card, which fits in the front of the unit (either SD or SDHC). You can also put your music files on the card, or connect you MP3 via the port on the front of the unit.

Check to see if the mapping CD is with the car when delivered. Mine wasn't and had to be sent from VW headquaters in Milton Keynes. It took a couple of weeks to arrive.

cullinp
09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi John, thanks for your reply and taking the time to post the pictures.

I must be honest and explain that I've been due a new lease car for the past few months. I've been after an A4 S Line but just couldn't bring myself to sign up to a £400pm (minimum) lease.

I recd a mail the other day from a lease company advertising the special offer currently on the CC (£275pm inc VAT) and the car itself plus the spec was an offer too good to refuse. I'm now really looking forward to taking delivery of my new VW to sit alongside the wife's new Polo on the drive.

I like to research and know as much about my cars a poss hence the post, so I'm very grateful for your reply. I guess with the price I'm paying for the car I should be happy regardless, however from the pictures I had seen already the 310 looked a little on the simplistic side. I was unaware that directions were displayed in the MFD which is a really nice touch though!

Does anyone else find it odd that VW standard Bluetooth is what looks like a badged Bury Car Kit? Audi manage to provide an integrated one, so as part of the same group I can't understand that one?!

Cheers.

Paul.

johnloaderuk
10-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that VW standard Bluetooth is what looks like a badged Bury Car Kit? Audi manage to provide an integrated one, so as part of the same group I can't understand that one?!

Cheers.

Paul.

It is a rebadged Bury unit. You have the option to upgrade to the fully integrated VW premium telephone system which I had in my previous Passat. It was the best bluetooth system I've ever used, but a little pricey at £460. Included voice activation, phone book displayed on the MFD, text messages appear on the MFD etc. Quite simply you could control everything by either voice command or by the multi function steering wheel.

There's nothing wrong about the sat nav, it works fine, I'll post some more pictures up later, but it has no 'wow' gimicks.

sunil1234
10-08-2010, 07:53 AM
£275 inc vat, wheres that from mate?

S

johnloaderuk
10-08-2010, 09:09 AM
A few shots of the RNS310 features. Sorry for poor photo quality, I used my mobile when driving to a customer this morning.

johnloaderuk
10-08-2010, 09:11 AM
A few more. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about it.

sunil1234
10-08-2010, 07:34 PM
A few more. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about it.

Does it give head lol:D

only kidding- I only wish I could have the reversing camera with it but alas need the 510. On a 2 year lease no way to justify that as u pay the whole cost over the two years with no residual benefit.:(

cullinp
10-08-2010, 09:10 PM
£275 inc vat, wheres that from mate?

S

Company called Select Vehicle Leasing. :beerchug:

hartry
10-08-2010, 11:10 PM
On a 2 year lease no way to justify that as u pay the whole cost over the two years with no residual benefit.:(

get one off ebay then flog it when your car goes back (or put it in your next one)

sunil1234
11-08-2010, 11:29 AM
get one off ebay then flog it when your car goes back (or put it in your next one)

works out around £600 for the rns510 fitted but only reason i wanted it was for reversing camera. That, to retrofit, is £700!

ho hum, why cant these all be std items! Once they become std, the price goes up however the residual offsets!

thax1
12-08-2010, 11:20 AM
It is a rebadged Bury unit. You have the option to upgrade to the fully integrated VW premium telephone system which I had in my previous Passat. It was the best bluetooth system I've ever used, but a little pricey at £460. Included voice activation, phone book displayed on the MFD, text messages appear on the MFD etc. Quite simply you could control everything by either voice command or by the multi function steering wheel.

There's nothing wrong about the sat nav, it works fine, I'll post some more pictures up later, but it has no 'wow' gimicks.

Hi John,

Whats the integration like with the rebadged Bury BT unit?
Steering wheel controls do anything? Audio thru the car speakers?
Mute on head unit?

Thax

johnloaderuk
12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi John,

Whats the integration like with the rebadged Bury BT unit?
Steering wheel controls do anything? Audio thru the car speakers?
Mute on head unit?

Thax

You can accept and cut calls using the phone button on the mulit function steering wheel, the speaker is built in and it does use the car speakers, as well as automatically muting the radio, then turning the radio sound on again when the call is finished.