PDA

View Full Version : New CC about to order

sunil1234
06-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Hi Guys (and Gals)

About to order a new cc on lesae to replace the outgoing a4 b8 s-line 2.0tdi

I am going for the CC GT 140 but agnonising over colour combo.

My wifes a4 b7 is black metallic, as is my current b8 a4 (soon to be gone) and so was my prev car (bmw e30 cabriolet)

So, i dont want another black car lol esp as 2 kids mean less time to wash and wax compared to pre-kiddy life and plus every mark shows up.

What are the next best colour combos, perhaps island grey but only with black leather?

I suppose i like black paint as you can have truffle or beige leather but not sure you could get away with those interior colours on other exterior colours?

any advice much apprecaited

thanks

Shadow CC
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
That'll be Shadow Blue then that Sir wants.

Suits you Sir

Shadow CC

sunil1234
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
thanks lol, but wont a blue one show marks just as bad as a black one. Whats blue like when its dirty?:beerchug:

gamichea
06-08-2010, 10:12 AM
I find paler metallics, particularly 'earth' colours are quite good at hiding road muck. That's not why I go for them. I just happen to like them; hence my CC is Autumn Brown and its predecessor B6 Sport was Granite Green.

I test drove an Autumn Brown CC with black/beige leather & beige dash, etc. Not to my liking at all, too much a yellow tinge to the beige.

My B6 had Latte cloth which I really liked but not available on the CC so I went for black leather/alcantara. Not my ideal as it shows up all the white bits and fallen grey hairs :( but it goes well with the body colour.

sks109
06-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Island grey, always looks clean and for once I`ve got cloth instead of leather and found it so much more comfortable (IMHO)

cullinp
06-08-2010, 11:59 PM
I ordered a Candy White CC GT 140 Manual today for less than £300 per month....... very happy camper indeed!!

sunil1234
08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I ordered a Candy White CC GT 140 Manual today for less than £300 per month....... very happy camper indeed!!

£254.98 + vat - me too !

hartry
08-08-2010, 10:25 PM
where from, what mileage allowance, maintained or not? plus is it the 5 seat?

sunil1234
09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
where from, what mileage allowance, maintained or not? plus is it the 5 seat?

erm you in a rush sir, forgetting common plesantries?

from VW via a broker
10k pa
no
yes

sunil1234
09-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi boys and girls

i am now at a crucial decision point

black with black leather (as black i think really suits the car and its lines)

island grey with black leather

only one way to find out - fight!:aargh4:

which way should i go?

thanks

gamichea
09-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi boys and girls

i am now at a crucial decision point

black with black leather (as black i think really suits the car and its lines)

island grey with black leather

only one way to find out - fight!:aargh4:

which way should i go?

thanks

Black, I think. Don't dislike black itself. Just hate the way it shows the muck. Certainly would not pay for metallic black. Personally prefer a contrasting interior but unsure about Truffle leather without seeing it for real.

Island Grey & Iron Grey look similar in the brochure. I have seen one (probably Iron Grey) in a car park and am unsure what I think. Under cover in the car park it seemed a bit dull. Probably outside in natural light it would be better. If so I would expect it to pair well with a black interior.

It really is helful to see the colours on the car. I don't like Shadow Blue in the brochure but it looks terrific to me in the flesh (when clean).

Plenty of black CCs on the road, and silver ones. White seems increasingly popular as well.

Do you want to be different or just have the colour you like the best?

Incidentally IIRR you don't have to make a final choice in colour and other options until fairly close to the build date so its worth checking on build date and using any slack to do a bit of colour research in dealers and car parks as the opportunities arise up to the finalisation deadline.

johnloaderuk
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Several of my previous cars were black, and while it looks great when clean, as you say it quickly looks dirty even in dry summer months. I now have a Reflex Silver B6 Passat with black leather interior, and even in dirty weather it still looks good believe it or not.

I've never been a fan of grey cars until my wife wanted another Passat. I reluctantly went to look at one in Grey, and found it really suited the car, especially with it's grey interior and darkened privacy rear windows.

So, it seems to be dark colour and lots of cleaning and polishing or light colour and lots of relaxing.

Look forward to the final outcome.

sunil1234
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
thanks gents.

i am swaying back towards black despite the cleaning issues. Like you rightly said, i need to go and look at some in the flesh to judge what i prefer. I dont want to be different, just get something i can live with for the next 2 years (contract hire).

I think i have gone off truffle leather too as i fear it might look a bit dated with the type of car the passat cc is....(just my opinion)

Im will find out from the broker as to how long i have to finalise colour choices.

I did see a grey/dark silver one last week, had some very shiny rims on it too and it looked stunning in the sunlight (as it drove the other way past me so i couldnt get a long look). I think that must have been island grey but cannot confirm.

Might have to pass by the VW garage tonight:aargh4:

hartry
09-08-2010, 05:48 PM
erm you in a rush sir, forgetting common plesantries?

from VW via a broker
10k pa
no
yes

sorry didn't mean to sound short.

just wanted to make sure we hadn't made a boo-boo, 20k pa, black on black (like what you may get), new 5 seater 140 gt 6sp manual, non maintained, 3+23, £303+VAT/month, would have been £287 but paid a premium to have one from stock as the other agent we thought had a car in stock for us prior to my b6 going back let us down badly, and so we needed one at short notice. should be arriving in the next week or so...

how many payments did you have to make up front?

the broker we got ours from is offering 20000 miles non maint for £259+VAT per month but with 6 payments down

sunil1234
09-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi

no worries mate, I am never at my finest that time of morning anyhow lol

it's 3+23 mate but 99.9% factory order as stock thin on the ground. My b8 due back but can extend for 3 months so not in a rush seeing as I changed my mind last week !

It's 254.98 with 3 down and 23 to go. So gross paymemt under £300 at current vat rate. Your paying around a £1450 approx premium for it (allowing for variation in mileage of £xx?) isn't it cheaper to pay a penalty rate in you outgoing car for 3 months or less? It is for me anyhow

is yours with leather, nav and parking sensors as Standard?

hth

s

hartry
09-08-2010, 09:25 PM
yeah leather nav sensors bluetooth and 5 seats, b6 has gone back last tuesday so it's a bit late! stock is definitely very thin which is why we are prepared to pay for a quick delivery. the extra 10k miles pa accounts for about £30 a month so by my calculation over 26 monthly payments we're paying about £500 over your deal for having one from stock rather than waiting, which i can handle. I'm in an Enterprise rental Astra 1.8 SRi at the moment in white which i was a little reluctant about driving when i got it, but it's like driving a go kart so am actually quite enjoying it, been averaging 24 mpg in it, it makes me drive like a chav ;-)

sunil1234
09-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Yep you have a good deal there. I would happily take a stock car to avoid the penalty on the b8 audi... Does your source have any more but at 10k pa..... You can pm me if preferred .....

Drive like a chav...... Never lol :-p

hartry
09-08-2010, 11:11 PM
http://clvrnow.co.uk/rp//216/process.clsp?EmailId=72170&Token=219715CF7F32473DC8FB8A7FE18AFA06D

stefan@clvr.org.uk

cullinp
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Evening chaps, apols bit late to the party........

I'm the same as Sunil with the £254pm, 10k per annum, non maint, 5 seat, leather, Sat Nav, Front and rear sensors, Bluetooth in Candy White.

Looking at a factory order with delivery sometime around late October/early November. Currently the wife's new Polo is performing heroically on the M62 rat race each morning......1.2 litre engine but interior of a Golf and heart of a Lion!! :)

Please make sure you return with plenty of pics when your cars arrive!

With regards the original question on this thread - out of the two options I'd have gone for the black without question.

Cheers.

PC

sunil1234
10-08-2010, 07:51 AM
thanks for the link, i have emailed Stefan...BTW did you do it as a business or private individual?

yes i think i will be going for black on black (my neighbour has a black one but before the leather etc was made standard) and it does look very nice....

dont worry, will be sure to post plenty of pics as and when it comes, hopefully i can get a stock one......

hartry
10-08-2010, 09:30 AM
thanks for the link, i have emailed Stefan...BTW did you do it as a business or private individual?

business

hartry
10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
something to factor in which i forgot... there is a £200 'document fee' :(

hartry
10-08-2010, 06:22 PM
so much for paying a premium for a car from stock, this is part of an email i received from them today:

'Further to our conversation this morning I have now established that the cars VW are showing on their stock system are ‘ghost cars’ i.e they do not exist except as erroneous entires on the VW stock locator system- apologies This issue is affecting all VW dealers in the UK who have tried to order these ‘stock cars’.

We can still offer you a factory order vehicle.......'

Do not believe him if he tells you he can offer you a vehicle from stock! You have been warned!

We are going to get a short term lease and proceed with this order anyway, now I can get the cornsilk interior I wanted but am sticking with black exterior.

sunil1234
10-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh dear , what a bunch of barsTewards

Do u think that's cobblers and they just said it to get your business?

At least you can now get the nice interior

what's the plan for the short term lease mate?

hartry
10-08-2010, 07:35 PM
The cynic in me says they definitely did it to get our business, but at the end of the day it was still cheaper than elsewhere and we have now been offered a further discount too. I've changed my mind already, I want all black interior now! Tomorrow morning, my colleague is speaking to one of our clients who do short term leases all the time, so hopefully their contact will be half decent, just need to get lucky and land something decent for a couple of months now! I'll let u know tomorrow evening.

sunil1234
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
i emailed stefan yesterday first thing, he didnt reply until today!. Anyhow, no mention of my comment about stock car but weaseled out on the basis that its business only. I am getting the rate on personal anyhow from the broker who did my current a4 b8 s-line. My broker said there are no stock cars, these are just to hook you and, a week before, they blow you out :mad:

hartry
11-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah that's what I thought when the first broker was messing us about (a couple of weeks ago now), so I went to the local dealer to see what I could glean and the story kind of checked out, there really *was* a problem with VW's dealer stock system after the system was upgraded as we had been told, and all the while we thought the guy was stringing us along. The dealer showed us that the system really *was* showing cars in stock, I saw them with my own eyes, but that VW had put a stop on any dealers or brokers claiming/reserving cars from that pool. The reason clearly being that VW were aware they had a problem and that there was stock showing in the system that didn't really exist, but they didn't know how to fix it yet. That's why I qualified my comment yesterday with 'the cynic in me....', because there's a part of me that thinks maybe this guy Stefan wasn't aware of the problem with the stock control system.

Anyhow... your deal sounds good for personal. Stefan has now offered us 3+23 x £279+VAT which is, I think, pretty good for 20,000 pa. Certainly better than the other brokers we've enquired.

I've changed my mind again and gone for Candy White with all black interior! Just need to convince the boss I need a Carrera GT3 in Porsche orange for the short term lease now.

thax1
12-08-2010, 11:30 AM
thanks gents.

i am swaying back towards black despite the cleaning issues. Like you rightly said, i need to go and look at some in the flesh to judge what i prefer. I dont want to be different, just get something i can live with for the next 2 years (contract hire).

I think i have gone off truffle leather too as i fear it might look a bit dated with the type of car the passat cc is....(just my opinion)

Im will find out from the broker as to how long i have to finalise colour choices.

I did see a grey/dark silver one last week, had some very shiny rims on it too and it looked stunning in the sunlight (as it drove the other way past me so i couldnt get a long look). I think that must have been island grey but cannot confirm.

Might have to pass by the VW garage tonight:aargh4:

Only thing I'd add is that the truffle leather looks great except for the fact it highlights the big slab of cheap grey/black plastic that houses the seat adjustment switches on the side of the seat base. You can see this when you open the door.

With the black or the two tone Black/Cornsilk leather (black sides), the plastic seems much less noticeable.

I only clocked this when I went to see a 2nd hand CC in the Maidenhead dealer. That was Island Grey with Truffle lthr, looked great apart from the above issue.

No photo to illustrate my point i'm afraid.

Thax

billythetidd
15-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Only thing I'd add is that the truffle leather looks great except for the fact it highlights the big slab of cheap grey/black plastic that houses the seat adjustment switches on the side of the seat base. You can see this when you open the door.

With the black or the two tone Black/Cornsilk leather (black sides), the plastic seems much less noticeable.

I only clocked this when I went to see a 2nd hand CC in the Maidenhead dealer. That was Island Grey with Truffle lthr, looked great apart from the above issue.

No photo to illustrate my point i'm afraid.

Thax

Maybe this pic would help show the above point.

linky (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-cc/configure/429/optional-extras/interior)

Midway 100
17-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,
First post as looking at purchasing a new CC
Have a X Type Estate currently which I find easily accessible for storage etc.
Some questions please?
1. Is storage space generally acceptable for luggage and the like. Problems with boot lip perhps?
2. Big car. Any particular issues with parking spaces etc?
3. 140bhp (linked to DSG) good enough?
4. What sort of MPG can I reasonable expect
5. What extras are recommended?
6. Any idea on new discounts. Have been offered 9.6% off list by a broker. Local dealers don't seem too interested.
7. Looking to buy in the New Year. Any feedback as to whether VW will offer any incentives to ease the extra 2.5% cost?
8. Any other observations/comments gratefully accepted

Many thanks

johnloaderuk
17-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Midway100, since you currently have an estate you may want to see if VW produce a CC estate. This would/should solve any storage and/or access issues.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=250387

gamichea
17-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Midway 100 check out this thread http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=97699 It addresses most of your questions.

1. Plenty of room in boot and its regularly shaped. There is a lip but its no worse than the saloon and does not give me any problems loading to the hilt for holidays.
2. It is not the easiest to park but ParkAssist solves the problem of parallel parking and apparently does 90 degree parking in its latest form (announced for the new Touran).
3. I find my 140 manual good enough, but its a personal thing.
4. I'm getting about 47mpg and expecting better as the miles stack up.
5. See other thread.
6. I would have thought 9% from a dealer who wants the business but watch out for a try on with a low P/E on the Jag.
7. IIRR VW paid the 2.5% increase for certain cars ordered late 2009 but not deliverable until 2010.

jonofsaj
27-09-2010, 07:46 PM
white with black leather,,,, awesome... got mine 3 days ago and it is quite a head turner...:beerchug:

IanFromAylesbury
11-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I too am just about to order new CC GT and am also deliberating on the colour. I'm currently leaning towards Autumn Brown and would like to hear from anybody who's got it. From the samples in the showroom, it looks a very nice Silver with a hint of brown (which I like). The colour sample in the brochure looks much much darker. If someone has first hand experience and can attempt to discribe it, I would be grateful.
:beerchug:

gamichea
11-10-2010, 07:39 PM
My views (as someone happy with his choice of Autumn Brown) here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=106724

johnloaderuk
11-10-2010, 08:24 PM
I too am just about to order new CC GT and am also deliberating on the colour. I'm currently leaning towards Autumn Brown and would like to hear from anybody who's got it. From the samples in the showroom, it looks a very nice Silver with a hint of brown (which I like). The colour sample in the brochure looks much much darker. If someone has first hand experience and can attempt to discribe it, I would be grateful.

Are you sure the silver with a hint of brown isn't the Silver Leaf ? (looks like light silver/gold). There's also Autumn Brown metallic and Mocca Anthracite pearl colours - make sure the dealer hasn't labelled the samples incorrectly. Ideally look for one in that colour at a nearby dealership to check it's what you want and expect. Sometimes the sample colours look very different on the car itself.

IanFromAylesbury
12-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks gamichea and johnloaderuk. I am sceptical about samples (and salesmen) in the dealers and hence my query. The look I'm realy after is the one on pages 11 and 12 of the latest brochure (see attachment). Any idea what colour this is? :rolleyes:

johnloaderuk
12-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks gamichea and johnloaderuk. I am sceptical about samples (and salesmen) in the dealers and hence my query. The look I'm realy after is the one on pages 11 and 12 of the latest brochure (see attachment). Any idea what colour this is? :rolleyes:

At the bottom of the picture is states metallic paint, so that rules out the Mocca Anthracite and Silver Leaf which are both pearl paintwork. Gamichea will know if it's the same Autumn Brown as his or not, I'd wait for his conclusion as he will know for sure.

I know what you mean about being more than a little sceptical over colour samples and printed brochure colours.

mattsophie
12-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I have an Autumn Brown GT170, and I can see where the silver with a hint of brown theory comes from.
There is no way you could call it brown....dark champagne is the best way I can describe it.
IMO and the opinion of numerous members of my local dealers' sales staff, who recommended it to me when I was swithering over which colour to choose, it is the shade that best suits the CC.

gamichea
13-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I think that probably was an Autumn Brown car but the studio lighting has lightened the colour noticeably in many areas. The darker patches on the three quarter rear view are closest to reality, particularly the areas above the wheelarch and below and behind the rear the rear door window.

I'll try and get you a pic.of mine later today.

gamichea
13-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Here y'are. This was taken under an overcast sky and shows similar traits to the brochure pics. The best colour representation is probably the rear door which is clean and was detailed only yesterday. The rest shows various degrees of grubbiness demonstrating how good the colour is at hiding road muck. The front doors and wings and the bonnet have not been cleaned other than by rain since we got back from 2,500 miles around France three weeks ago :Blush2:.

hth.

IanFromAylesbury
13-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks guys for the quick response, and thank you gamichea for taking the trouble for posting the pic. It looks great and I can now get on and order my new Autumn Brown CC!

ahennessy1
17-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Finally taken the plunge and ordered my next company car this week and went for the Passat CC (was gutted allowance did not allow for GT) but have ordered CC 2.0 TDI 140 with Alcantara Interior and Candy White Exterior.

Just got a few months now to get engrossed on this site and realise what (if Any) mods i will be able to undertake.

Looking at chrome exhaust tips, MDI after market fit and Shark Fin colour coded aerial and maybe even a rear boot spoiler should i be able to find one at a decent price.
Has anyone upgraded their door handles, saw some chrome ones on ebay but not sure how theyd look, i thought if i plump for the exhaust tips in chrome mabe the door handles would look good in chrome too.

JonMarsh
24-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I'm in a similar situation - about to get a new CC and can't decide on colour. Has anybody got the Mocca Anthracite? In the showroom, this doesn't look much different from black - what does it look like in "real life"?

johnloaderuk
24-10-2010, 05:06 PM
I'm in a similar situation - about to get a new CC and can't decide on colour. Has anybody got the Mocca Anthracite? In the showroom, this doesn't look much different from black - what does it look like in "real life"?

See if there's a dealer near you with one in stock in Mocca, either new or second hand, it's really the only way to tell if you like it or not. Difficult as colour is such a personal choice. I wouldn't have thought given your location you'd have too much trouble finding one, especially around the London area. A standard Passat can also be had in Mocca, but I don't know about other VW's, so anything in the flesh is better than a showroom colour example.