PDA

View Full Version : Please Help First time poster CCM issues

aicut
05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi guys, I've just recently bought a 2001 1.8t (auto) saloon for a very reasonable price and so far love it to bits, however there are a few issues regarding central locking and electric windows which after reading on here seems to be down to the damp floor and ccm issues. Has anyone had this fixed at a garage and how much did it cost?
Also the electric mirrors don't work at all and was wondering if this would be tied in to the same issue or maybe a fuse issue, however I cant see a fuse location for electric mirrors so would I be right in assuming this will be through the same fuse as central locking and electric windows?

ANy help much appreciated,

Thanks

Crasher
05-08-2010, 01:48 PM
The electric mirrors are powered through the convenience unit. The costs vary enormously depending on who does it (labour costs vary as do skills and time taken), the damage to the wiring (if any) and if a new convenience unit is required, if you buy a new or used unit.

aicut
05-08-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah I know prices will vary mate was just looking for a rough guide from anyone that might have had it done.

passat 130 tdi
05-08-2010, 04:39 PM
http://headfuzz.co.uk/?q=vw_ccm ---- DO IT YOURSELF.

aicut
05-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Not exactly my cuppa tea, however having read some of the comments after the article I do have a rough idea of what it will cost so thanks anyway!