PDA

View Full Version : A6 2.5 TDI brake problems

doggy
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi Guys, excuse format this is my first post.
Im in need of advice, I have just replaced the pads in the rear of my 2001 A6 2.5 TDI as the pads were low I had to keep taking fluid out of the resevoir as i woun the calipers in.

Everything back together and working better but now my brake fluid low light comes on.

The fluid isnt low its just below max.

My question is above the sensor is a small cap which when you undo has fluis in and 2 holes presumebably for the sesnor to check. But should this be full or empty?

If i disconnect the connector to the sensor the light goes out and if i short it out the light comes on so i know its the sensor.

Any help would be great thanks :Blush:

a8 tech
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Try to lift the strainer inside the resivoir with a small flat blade and this will allow you to top up the fluid to the correct level.Honest it works

doggy
10-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I did try to get that out does it just lever out or unscrew?
I couldnt get it out thanks

a8 tech
10-06-2007, 10:23 PM
You just caught me going to bed,lift very carefully and as you lift you will see your fluid go into the resivoir,its a bloody stupid idea and it catches a lot of people out because you cant see the levlel correctly and the resivoir strainer doesnt come out.Good night and good luck

doggy
11-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks will try that v soon
Sadly work commitments stopping me at the mo

doggy
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
thanks a8 tech
just got home and tried what you said
turned out where i had been pressing kitchen roll into the resevoir to remove the excess fluid i had pressed the strainer thing to far in and it was pressing onto the mech that registers the amount of fluid.

Thanks for the pointer, sorted me out !

Cheers

a8 tech
11-06-2007, 09:08 PM
And it cost you nothing,Best regards Jon

doggy
11-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks to you, no :-)

Cheers Jon

Dave