PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone advise on a couple of things...

Tobster
05-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Firstly; I'm getting an MTDI injector pump built at the weekend and need to fit an accelerator cable to the pedal. I can fashion connectors at either end to fit the pedal/pump; but I'm not sure about routing the cable. It looks like it would have to go behind the steering rack and under the brake master cylinder, but I'm not sure how to remove the master cylinder (can't see where the bolts are, etc)
I'll have one day to do that and fit the pump before using the car the next day; baler-twine and a wooden handle on standby!

Another thing; the windscreen wipers are misbehaving (stopping in the wrong place/not at all). Does it just need a new relay and where is it?

And the last thing, the reverse and rear fog light circuits seem to have crossed somewhere, as when one comes on so does the other. I don't think it's a bad earth because they're FULLY lit in either case; is it possibly a duff fog light switch?

micheal balbrig
05-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Firstly; I'm getting an MTDI injector pump built at the weekend and need to fit an accelerator cable to the pedal. I can fashion connectors at either end to fit the pedal/pump; but I'm not sure about routing the cable. It looks like it would have to go behind the steering rack and under the brake master cylinder, but I'm not sure how to remove the master cylinder (can't see where the bolts are, etc)
I'll have one day to do that and fit the pump before using the car the next day; baler-twine and a wooden handle on standby!

Another thing; the windscreen wipers are misbehaving (stopping in the wrong place/not at all). Does it just need a new relay and where is it?

And the last thing, the reverse and rear fog light circuits seem to have crossed somewhere, as when one comes on so does the other. I don't think it's a bad earth because they're FULLY lit in either case; is it possibly a duff fog light switch?

The fog/rev lamp problem may be caused by boot loom
The cables can become frayed internally (where loom flexes) causing problems
A previous post pointed to a relay causing wipers to stop in wrong position