PDA

View Full Version : Quirks and things that make life easier

Peter_HMR
04-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Ok so there's a lot of things that can be changed on the B5 passats what have you done to yours.

Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have mine modified to be able to open all the windows using the remote keyfob. Also change the double click open to single click and I might also go for the autolock at 15mph.

Also theres alot of other things that can be done with the VAGcom has anyone done anything else to their car.

The diagnostics on the climatronic module is interesting and the speedo on channel 16 is not so much useful but gets a good reaction out of people when you do it to their cars.

caldirun
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok so there's a lot of things that can be changed on the B5 passats what have you done to yours.

Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have mine modified to be able to open all the windows using the remote keyfob. Also change the double click open to single click and I might also go for the autolock at 15mph.

Also theres alot of other things that can be done with the VAGcom has anyone done anything else to their car.

The diagnostics on the climatronic module is interesting and the speedo on channel 16 is not so much useful but gets a good reaction out of people when you do it to their cars.
One click is good, autolock at 12 mph, is good , forget the windows it cant be done, only with the key in the door (and thats closing not opening!)

snapdragon
04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
You can't do the windows with VAGCOM, but you can use other software and cables such as VAG Commander, if it wasn't so expensive I would try it.

Hex69
05-08-2010, 09:13 AM
One click is good, autolock at 12 mph, is good , forget the windows it cant be done, only with the key in the door (and thats closing not opening!)

It will do the opening of all the windows with the key held in the open position. :D