PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint

crmason
03-08-2010, 08:46 AM
I got my window tint done at the weekend and i am very happy with the result. You do get a slight 'border' effect around the edges of the windows that have been glued (non opening) due to the raised edges but this is hardly noticeable. I went for the lightest tint that they did and i think this is plenty dark enough. There are a few specks where dust has got behind but again you can hardly notice it. All in all a great job and happy to recommend Ferry Secure in Downham Market. They also do a wide range of hands free kits and all in car entertainment e.g dvd players and screens etc.

Next Step; Remap!!! Booked in for Sat ;-)

bez101
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I got my window tint done at the weekend and i am very happy with the result. You do get a slight 'border' effect around the edges of the windows that have been glued (non opening) due to the raised edges but this is hardly noticeable. I went for the lightest tint that they did and i think this is plenty dark enough. There are a few specks where dust has got behind but again you can hardly notice it. All in all a great job and happy to recommend Ferry Secure in Downham Market. They also do a wide range of hands free kits and all in car entertainment e.g dvd players and screens etc.

Next Step; Remap!!! Booked in for Sat ;-)
well im pleased your happy but i wouldnt recomend anyone that left specks of dust id be back haveing the ones with dust specks retinted

crmason
03-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Well as i said i am happy with the work and the dust specks are exactly that, specks. Im pretty sure short of doing the job in a completely static free environment wearing space suits it is inevitable that a few will occur. :-)

bez101
03-08-2010, 02:15 PM
as it goes i tint around 20/30 cars vans etc a week
and i dont get dust specs
if by anychance i do i retint the glass

crmason
03-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Well each to there own. Im happy anyway :-p

Just out of interest how do you get the tint off as i have heard of horror stories with ammonia and demist strips being ripped off and all sorts...

bez101
03-08-2010, 02:21 PM
i heat the film up from the outside and pull off
then use normal soapy water warm and a nice sharpe blade
if you take the tint off without warming the glass it takes ages

Marrow
03-08-2010, 02:22 PM
as it goes i tint around 20/30 cars vans etc a week
and i dont get dust specs
if by anychance i do i retint the glass

Hi Bez
I have an avant and the tints are looking a bit tired was thinking of getting them redone ( all except fronts) what sort of price would I be looking at and are you mobile ?

Sorry to jack some ones thread !

bez101
03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Hi Bez
I have an avant and the tints are looking a bit tired was thinking of getting them redone ( all except fronts) what sort of price would I be looking at and are you mobile ?

Sorry to jack some ones thread !
im mobile so you need the old tints removeing ?
then new tints
or are you goin to remove the old ones ?
where in the uk are you

Marrow
03-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I am in Hull is that any where near you ?
Ye the old tints need to come off wouldnt have clue how to do it but willing to give it a shot whats the best way to get them off ?
Aslo the fron windows are scratched were I think the previous owner has removed tints with a knife or screw driver (retards!) could you do any thing with these to repair / hide the scratches ?

bez101
03-08-2010, 03:18 PM
front windows no
best way to remove is
heatgun or hairdyrer warm from outside and peal tint off
then use either wasm soapy water or glass cleaner
and a sharp blade to remove the glue
im not near hull but a friend of mine covers hull and hes very good i can give you his number
or im around south yorkshire

slice636
04-08-2010, 10:14 PM
which windows are you legally allowed to tint ?

bez101
04-08-2010, 10:51 PM
which windows are you legally allowed to tint ?
all back as black as u like
no front or screen

crmason
09-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Hi all,

Just to let you all know that now the window tint has completely dired all of the little specks left from dust have dissapeared :-)

Happy days!