PDA

View Full Version : Question Door paintwork

NWSRG
02-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi folks,

Driving a Jan 2009 A4, in Brilliant Red paintwork. Noticed tonight that the paint is coming off the leading edges of both front doors. It's as if someone had taken sand paper, and rubbed it down the inside of the shut line between the door and the front wing. On the drivers side, it's actually come back a couple of mm along the door.

Has anyone else experienced this? As the car is only 18 months old, I'm going to treat it as a warranty issue, and see what the local dealer says. Because of the position of the problem, I can't see how it could have been caused by anything other than poor finish...

Any advice welcome!

dan172
02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Do the doors rub on that edge when it's opened? If so, you have a case!

Kojak
03-08-2010, 01:09 PM
have you had it from new?

NWSRG
03-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi guys,

Doors don't seem to be rubbing, and no, I only bought the car last July at 6 months old. Came from an official dealer as an ex-courtesy car.

Have spoken to my local dealer (not where I got it) and they are to look at it tomorrow for me.

Kojak
03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Interesting...
I hope they sort it out for you.

dan172
03-08-2010, 10:29 PM
Yeah as above, lets see them get it sorted and find out the issue...

NWSRG
04-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Well guys,

Dealer saw car today...took some pictures and agreed it didn't look good.

Information being sent off to Audi UK for warranty assessment, and said I should hear from them tomorrow.

Also said he hadn't seen this before...maybe I'm one of the first!!

NWSRG
05-08-2010, 11:42 PM
Well, got a call from the dealer today.

Audi UK have said that they don't think it's a paint quality issue, but more a mechanical problem. I took that to mean that they suspect doors rubbing or some such, but that's not the case.

Anyway, the car is going in for a week to them in September for investigation...the inference was that they will be putting it right one way or another. Will take some pics and post them for reference.

spellsinger
06-08-2010, 09:14 AM
.......Also said he hadn't seen this before........

One of the worlds three greatest lies...

The number of times I have had a fault/problem/damage that "nobody has seen before" are truly amazing - If I wasn't unlucky, I'd have no luck at all.

Mike